First Look at the 4 New Quadios - QQ Exclusive!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Here is a first look at the 4 new Quadio
BluRay Audio discs being released today (June 23, 2023)

BA2 2685 - BILLION DOLLAR BABIES (Stereo and Original 4 Channel Mix) ( 24/192)

BDB F.jpg

BDB R.jpg

BDB DISC.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my dearest, I just love to see the tape boxes on these showing some real documentation of the people involved and the period.

Very classy designs, and albums are worth this treatment.

Yes I miss not having the Starship tape boxes nor tracking sheets - but it’s still some cool looking designs.

Last edited:
We're limited to eight pages so with Starship it was either lyrics or Tape Boxes.
I need to look at these more closely in the future!
Don’t know if it’s already an option (I’ll find out soon enough 😁); but since they are single titles on a Blu-ray, could the lyrics be mastered on them as a menu option while the music is playing?

Here is a first look at the 4 new Quadio
BluRay Audio discs being released today (June 23, 2023)

BA2 2685 - BILLION DOLLAR BABIES (Stereo and Original 4 Channel Mix) ( 24/192)

View attachment 93035

View attachment 93036

View attachment 93037
Love the old school “palm trees” WB logo.
I remember looking at that as a kid in the suburbs of New Jersey & thinking that would be a cool place to work…which I eventually did (though not in Burbank) 😎

I'm DYING to know HOW THEY SOUND, Jon.

At 192/24 resolution I'm certain the very best they've ever sounded.

I posted this in the other thread last night, but it sorta got lost in all of the ordering hoopla. So here it is again:

Now, My hearing ain't what it used to be, and that sucks. But I can tell you that these things sound clean and clear and you can crank them up and they sound awesome!!!

For those worried about brickwalling or loudness war crap. here's a look at the wav file of Track 1 from Paranoid - War Pigs. You can see there is no audio peaked out and everything is open and free. Of course, your ears will judge for yourselves, but in my book these sound great

88522-War-Pigs.jpg

Ordered RED OCTOPUS and PARANOID . . . was on the fence about the Cooper, as I already have it
on SACD from Rhino already (yea, it's stereo, though). Oh heck, why not. . . .

Not interested in the Geils. I'm hoping these show up like those old SACD cases so that I can
smoothly replace them out on my shelf.

Love the old school “palm trees” WB logo.
I remember looking at that as a kid in the suburbs of New Jersey & thinking that would be a cool place to work…which I eventually did (though not in Burbank) 😎
Not sure about B$B, but to me I feel for Paranoid they should’ve gone with the Olive Green WB labels for sake of authenticity to the original vinyl pressing.

Or since the quad was released in 1974, were they already using the Burbank label at that point?

I posted this in the other thread last night, but it sorta got lost in all of the ordering hoopla. So here it is again:

Now, My hearing ain't what it used to be, and that sucks. But I can tell you that these things sound clean and clear and you can crank them up and they sound awesome!!!

For those worried about brickwalling or loudness war crap. here's a look at the wav file of Track 1 from Paranoid - War Pigs. You can see there is no audio peaked out and everything is open and free. Of course, your ears will judge for yourselves, but in my book these sound great

View attachment 93096

:hi :LB

Generals gathered in their masses
Just like witches at black masses
Evil minds that plot destruction
Sorcerer of death's construction
In the fields, the bodies burning
As the war machine keeps turning
Death and hatred to mankind
Poisoning their brainwashed minds
Oh lord, yeah!
Politicians hide themselves away
They only started the war
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor, yeah
Time will tell on their power minds
Making war just for fun
Treating people just like pawns in chess
Wait till their judgement day comes, yeah!
Now in darkness, world stops turning
Ashes where their bodies burning
No more war pigs have the power
Hand of God has struck the hour
Day of judgement, God is calling
On their knees, the war pigs crawling
Begging mercy for their sins
Satan laughing, spreads his wings
Oh lord, yeah!

Back