immersiveaudioalbum.com: Shop for 5.1 Downloads (Birdsong, Magenta, Bruce Soord, Katatonia...)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have never done the surround test, I'll try on my end later today and see what I get.
I got the test and I put it on 2 of my NAS and a portable drive (PNY Elite 480GB SSD)
My Oppo reports that the MP4 is not supported from any source, my Sony UBP-X800 will play the MP4 but from my Buffalo Nas are very choppy, from the portable drive into the front USB of the X800 it plays OK but with one glitch. From my WD MyCloud are choppy and no sound, very odd.
I have the Matt Darey - Wolf MKV but it won't play that. It will however play the individual MP4 files.
How are others playing the MP4 files, what Windows PC program plays them?
It's Atmos I'm interested in mostly, I've had Mr. Afternoon's toad 5.1 flacs from there, they are OK.
Any help gratefully received, until I'm sure I can play these files properly I can't buy Atmos from IAA.

I got the test and I put it on 2 of my NAS and a portable drive (PNY Elite 480GB SSD)
My Oppo reports that the MP4 is not supported from any source, my Sony UBP-X800 will play the MP4 but from my Buffalo Nas are very choppy, from the portable drive into the front USB of the X800 it plays OK but with one glitch. From my WD MyCloud are choppy and no sound, very odd.
I have the Matt Darey - Wolf MKV but it won't play that. It will however play the individual MP4 files.
How are others playing the MP4 files, what Windows PC program plays them?
It's Atmos I'm interested in mostly, I've had Mr. Afternoon's toad 5.1 flacs from there, they are OK.
Any help gratefully received, until I'm sure I can play these files properly I can't buy Atmos from IAA.
I just downloaded the test file, manually, very easy, and that's where it stops.
The file is called IAA-Sonic Brand Visualizer 7.1.4.
It landed in my PC Download folder, I opened it up and could see the abstract cool video but no sound as my PC direct has no sound, don't ask.
I copied the file over to my NAS and It is there somewhere but I can't find it to play the audio and video, I probably won't pursue it as not really interested.
To answer your question of the purchased music files, out side of the almost horrible downloading process, they play absolutely fantastic and the files are tagged good.
I have never had a problem with playback.

I just downloaded the test file, manually, very easy, and that's where it stops.
The file is called IAA-Sonic Brand Visualizer 7.1.4.
It landed in my PC Download folder, I opened it up and could see the abstract cool video but no sound as my PC direct has no sound, don't ask.
I copied the file over to my NAS and It is there somewhere but I can't find it to play the audio and video, I probably won't pursue it as not really interested.
To answer your question of the purchased music files, out side of the almost horrible downloading process, they play absolutely fantastic and the files are tagged good.
I have never had a problem with playback.
I think it would help if all of us (and I've repeatedly failed to do this myself) emailed IAA to let them know--politely and factually--about our difficulties with the downloader. For my part, I've given up on the "Full Album" option, as it consistently screws up. Downloading track by track is the only way I've found to get everything on the first try.

I think it would help if all of us (and I've repeatedly failed to do this myself) emailed IAA to let them know--politely and factually--about our difficulties with the downloader. For my part, I've given up on the "Full Album" option, as it consistently screws up. Downloading track by track is the only way I've found to get everything on the first try.
Same, track by track and slowly, like 3 max at a time and let them finish before I go to next 3.

I don’t think I’ve ever had a problem with the downloads, although I’ve only bought about a half dozen. But I wish there was an easier PayPal/Apple Pay checkout instead of having to put in a credit card and all associated info each time.

Tell ya what though... now that I’ve got a setup that can play digital Atmos files in my heights, I’m paying a lot more attention to this digital option and what’s available.

Just in case anyone interested in the site hasn't already seen this - it would really help us to get as many responses as possible:
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/sur...s-downloads/?preview=true&_thumbnail_id=22859
Done!

My personal choices included -

Tori Amos - "Ocean To Ocean"
Elton John - "Diamonds"
Lyle Lovett - "12th Of June"
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Greatest Hits"

and write in-

Willie Nelson- "A Beautiful Time",
CHIC- All Steve Wilson mixed,
En Vogue- "Funky Divas",
Daft Punk- "Random Access Memories",
William Orbit- "The Painter"

Just in case anyone interested in the site hasn't already seen this - it would really help us to get as many responses as possible:
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/sur...s-downloads/?preview=true&_thumbnail_id=22859
I am not ashamed of saying that I periodically check the site looking for Katatonia - Sky Void of Stars. Since all the other immersive Katatonia albums are there, I am hoping that is just a matter of time.

Also, David Bowie's Blackstar is on top of my wish list.

Done!

My personal choices included -

Tori Amos - "Ocean To Ocean"
Elton John - "Diamonds"
Lyle Lovett - "12th Of June"
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - "Greatest Hits"

and write in-

Willie Nelson- "A Beautiful Time",
CHIC- All Steve Wilson mixed,
En Vogue- "Funky Divas",
Daft Punk- "Random Access Memories",
William Orbit- "The Painter"