Inní - Sigur Rós

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Just stumbled upon this. Blu-ray and 2 CD's of their last live show up for pre-order, release date November 8. It doesn't list the audio specs and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. Anyone have any more info? This sounds like it has great potential for surround. One of my biggest disappointments was that their announced MC SACD of their album ( ) was never released years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Inní­-Blu-Ray-CD-Sigur-Rós/dp/B005ML1W4K

Well that sucks, I may have to cancel my pre-order. I couldn't get through to their website from work, blocked for "incidental nudity."

If it is on Blu-ray and it is no more specific than 5.1 Dolby Audio then it could very well be TrueHD.
It seems to say that both the Blu-ray and DVD contain "full hd feature in 5.1 dolby audio", so who knows what is actually on the discs.

If it is on Blu-ray and it is no more specific than 5.1 Dolby Audio then it could very well be TrueHD.
It seems to say that both the Blu-ray and DVD contain "full hd feature in 5.1 dolby audio", so who knows what is actually on the discs.

That's what I was hoping. I guess I'll roll the dice, Amazon has a liberal return policy.

Even it is was lossy Dolby Digital, if the mix is good (and of course the music is good being from this band) if it was me, I would go ahead and buy it. Dolby can sound a little veiled vs. lossless, but surround music in DD is a lot better than NO surround music.

I've just purchased this release and can confirm that the audio is 5.1 DTS HD-MA
I haven't had a chance to listen to it/watch it yet, but I will post my impressions once I have done so.

I got mine in the mail - hope to get time to play it over the 4 day weekend this week.

So what are peoples views on this one? Is it a good mix & content?

I keep on seeing it in my local store and wonder whether I should purchase it.....

I've only played it once so far. I thought the sound was very good but then I'm a fan of the band and have several live bootleg recordings. The visuals are really nothing that I'll watch very often, a little boring actually. For me it's the kind of concert disc that I have for the music and am more likely to leave the screen or TV off and just listen.

The show is truly superb - I was there, and the disc brings back memories of a top show.

I saw them a few years ago and, in the span of one particularly intense stretch, Jonsi must have gone through about five or six bows in the span of a few minutes just playing the living shit out of a cello (or other string instrument I can't recall.) You don't realize how loud and intense they can get from listening to them on record sometimes. One of the best live bands you will EVER come across.

I saw them a few years ago and, in the span of one particularly intense stretch, Jonsi must have gone through about five or six bows in the span of a few minutes just playing the living shit out of a cello (or other string instrument I can't recall.) You don't realize how loud and intense they can get from listening to them on record sometimes. One of the best live bands you will EVER come across.

When we saw them at The Ally Pally for this release, he was doing a Jimmy Page & bowing a Les Paul.

Back