Steven Wilson King Crimson in Atmos! (2CD/2BD sets) LTIA 2023 / Red 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure hope I haven’t missed something here…

I pre-ordered this as soon as it became available from the DGM Shop and have been patiently waiting since. My notes had the 10/13 release date listed. When that Friday came without any news, I finally decided to search out any new info on this release. I found that all sites except King Crimson’s store now have a 10/20/23 release date listed. The DGM Shop doesn’t have a release date listed that I can see. We are only two days away from the 20th. Has anyone received a shipping notice or any other info?

I’m so anxious to listen to Lark‘s Tongue in Aspic in freaking ATMOS!!! What Steven Wilson did with In The Court Of The Crimson King and The Harmony Codex has me bouncing off the Walls & Ceilings in anticipation!!!

I sure hope I haven’t missed something here…

I pre-ordered this as soon as it became available from the DGM Shop and have been patiently waiting since. My notes had the 10/13 release date listed. When that Friday came without any news, I finally decided to search out any new info on this release. I found that all sites except King Crimson’s store now have a 10/20/23 release date listed. The DGM Shop doesn’t have a release date listed that I can see. We are only two days away from the 20th. Has anyone received a shipping notice or any other info?

I’m so anxious to listen to Lark‘s Tongue in Aspic in freaking ATMOS!!! What Steven Wilson did with In The Court Of The Crimson King and The Harmony Codex has me bouncing off the Walls & Ceilings in anticipation!!!
Got my shipping notice from Burning Shed a couple of days ago.

And someone here in another thread shared a shot of it on their TV.

I received mine yesterday (Wednesday). Great Atmos mix, not so happy about the talking drum mix though. The bass and drums are really low.

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this. But since it also relates to this title, here is probably good for now. It involves Inner Knot which would be relevant for those of us in the U.S.

DGM is announcing a change of mainstream music distributor in the USA. Inner Knot, who have been our distributor since 2000 is handing over to Panegyric, who have long been our European distributor. We would like to thank Amy Worthington and Inner Knot for all they have done over the years.

We are pleased that Inner Knot will be continuing to handle their unique merchandise items and also completing the King Crimson Club series. Burning Shed will in future supply all mainstream music mail-order sales worldwide. In order to minimise delays as much as possible, we have arranged that all pre-order sales of the new release “Larks’ Tongues in Aspic 50” made through Inner Knot will be fulfilled by Burning Shed directly to those Inner Knot customers, commencing tomorrow, Friday 20th Oct, the worldwide release date of the title. We greatly value the ongoing support of King Crimson fans in the US and elsewhere, and this means that everyone will get their copies as quickly as possible.

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/change-of-us-distributor
A shame about losing Inner Knot. Nice to have something ship from the U.S. even though I suppose they had to get it shipped from the U.K. first anyway.

But also happy for Burning Shed which I’ve always been very content with.

Pre-ordered from ImportCDs a month ago. Now it's the official release date and no shipping notification. No change in order status on their site. Crickets. Has anyone received this from ImportCDs?

I had an order hiccup on this one and had to place a new order yesterday. LTIA 2CD+2BR Boxset is still listed as in stock and my new order went through without an issue, but today there's still no tracking number or ship notice. I can't imagine this title will be a huge seller, so not sure what's going on. Usually importcds is pretty timely with these advance orders.

I know a lot of people are still awaiting their sets, but once you get them: is there enough of a difference between this new 5.1 mix and the existing 5.1 one to make that a reason to pick up the set? The existing 5.1 is pretty stellar, and I can't imagine there's much room for improvement, but I would love to know if I'm wrong.

HaHa. I also got a shipping notice a couple of hours ago. We are an anxious bunch.:eek:

I'm mainly interested in the new Atmos mix - what SW did with ITCOTCK in Atmos was amazing. The extras also sound pretty intriguing.

HaHa. I also got a shipping notice a couple of hours ago. We are an anxious bunch.:eek:

I'm mainly interested in the new Atmos mix - what SW did with ITCOTCK in Atmos was amazing. The extras also sound pretty intriguing.
Having listened to Steve's Atmos mix, on repeat, I can assure you that you won't be disappointed. Talk about his skills in making music come alive.

Considering nearly all the new Atmos mixes of both new and old material appear on Apple streaming in Atmos I wonder why this one hasn’t

Considering nearly all the new Atmos mixes of both new and old material appear on Apple streaming in Atmos I wonder why this one hasn’t
It's DGM's decision, and they've elected not to release any of the Steven Wilson KC remixes via streaming. I imagine that extends to the Atmos versions as well.

It's pretty simple.
Robert Fripp has been lied to and cheated too often by the music industry.
He's written and spoken about it extensively.
As at 1:00 in this recording from the "That Awful Man & His Manager" tour:

Back