KISS "Destroyer" Box Set with Blu-Ray (Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes out soon!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For less than what this BOX SET COSTS…..you can buy over 5,000,000 SHIBA….I think that’s a much better investment don’t you!? ❤👍😊🤣😂:bowing:

I bet that’s where Paul & Gene ….. especially Gene is putting his easy earned $$$

Last edited:
Well, we are fast approaching release date on this and I was really hoping for a more significant price drop. Still showing at $192.99 at Amazon. Starting to re-think my pre-order, wait to see if the mix is released on Apple Music, and hope for a future price drop when they realize they didn't sell as many as they had hoped.

Do you suppose that with the price point, they think we are bigger suckers?
You wanted the best, you got the best. The most expensive band in the land ...
Do you suppose that with the price point, they think we are bigger suckers?
You wanted the best, you got the best. The most expensive band in the land ...

give it a few months and this set will be 100 to 110 ish.

give it a few months and this set will be 100 to 110 ish.
Maybe, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Labels and acts seem to be getting better at gauging demand for these sets - and then producing less than full demand but enough to maximize profits.

well, at that price they better only make about 20 copies !! lol
I’m not a Kiss fan, but they know how to make money. At $200, that extra $100 is 100% margin. They know they have a substantial core fan base which will buy almost anything and pay almost anything for it. They could probably sell 3 or 4x fewer sets and still make more money.

Last edited:
34 minutes runtime for the main album.
Minus intro about 1 and outro about 1 minute.
This IS expensive for a surround mix!
It really is! I don't "splurge" on super expensive boxes very often. (defined as $150 and higher) Really, I don't. This time, I am. It's a guilty pleasure album...and well....Wilson/Atmos? Yeah. I may regret it....but I honestly doubt it. I mean, I've already saved the money and paid for it...so....

At this point, my biggest fear is that I ordered from importCD. Last few releases I've purchased from them have gone off missing or super late or whatever. Yeah, it's likely USPS issues...but why is it only happening through importCD (with me anyway)

If they fuK this one up I will be super, super irritated.

It really is! I don't "splurge" on super expensive boxes very often. (defined as $150 and higher) Really, I don't. This time, I am. It's a guilty pleasure album...and well....Wilson/Atmos? Yeah. I may regret it....but I honestly doubt it. I mean, I've already saved the money and paid for it...so....
For me the other way round.
I cannot look into my mirror and pay that price. I really hope it will come down to a serious one.

Reactions: GOS
The people who will buy this want all that extra, non-music "crap" that most of us could not care less about. Most of them will probably not care about the surround mix. Our best hope is a stand-alone release a year or so down the road.
If they do sell out of the Deluxe Box Set, which is more likely; they will produce more deluxe sets? they will let it stay OOP? they will release as a stand-alone package?

The people who will buy this want all that extra, non-music "crap" that most of us could not care less about. Most of them will probably not care about the surround mix. Our best hope is a stand-alone release a year or so down the road.
If they do sell out of the Deluxe Box Set, which is more likely; they will produce more deluxe sets? they will let it stay OOP? they will release as a stand-alone package?
I could be wrong, but I’d be pretty surprised if the surround mix gets released as a stand-alone or if the deluxe set gets a repress. Neither of those occurs much these days.

The more likely thing is tge surround mix ends up on a streaming platform.

Maybe Kiss is approaching this release in a similar manner to the release of the Super Deluxe Edition of Rush’s “A Farewell to Kings” which had a Steven Wilson surround mix… if I remember correctly the price on that set was pretty steep as well and I think it sold out. I don’t think there was ever a stand-alone release of that surround mix, either.

Back