Led Zeppelin reissues news, another dissapointment

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Good times, bad times, you know I've had my share.."

Thank you for the info :)

I am surprised at the lack of Blu-ray Audio (albeit stereo).. but still.. maybe the Celebration Day BD-A sold so badly it put them off the idea..

..yeah that'd be it..

..and why did it sell badly? maybe because the surround market's too small...

..or could it be because it sucked BIG OLD F***IN' MONKEY NUTS and word got round and anyone who got wind soon enough that it was pointless buying that BD-A over the BD-V avoided it like the veritable plague..

..nah, can't be :mad:@:

absolutely demented with the music biz today, they can all go shove it! :mad:

Like several of you, I didn't buy the BD-A. I got the BD-V/CD set about a month prior to it hitting the street. So, yes, the BD-A seemingly proved to "the suits" a lack of interest.
suits.jpg
I used to wear a suit while calling on clients. Perhaps that makes me "a suit."

Trivialities and insults aside, this is truly a missed opportunity. :howl

well I'm one of the berks who got the BDA to support the format and help bolster its chances of more BDA from Warner by showing interest etc.. blah.. fat lot of good that did! I now have a mediocre mix with no video, at least I could watch them all on the BDV and the mix's shortcomings wouldn't seem quite so important with the visuals. I say that "quite" emphatically because we all know a great surround mix with visuals is the ideal. the same so-so mix with no video, well.. what a loada cobblers! ah well.. :mad:@:

Many people believe a major cause of quad's demise was the various formats competing, although I disagree with that. I think it was mainly peoples' reluctance to invest in the additional equipment both in money and space.

However, modern day format confusion is a total mess and, actually, has been almost since the advent of digital.

Doug

I'll just stick with the vinyl/reel to reel to FLAC conversions I've found online that are 24/96. Silly that you can't just download the 24/96 files and instead can only get them with the overpriced deluxe edition.

I downloaded the 24/196 files from the metal case. It got pulled right away. They sound great and I'm not buying any more zeppelin as long as the hearing impared page keeps re-releasing substandard product.

I'm sick of zeppelin anyway. So no biggie to me.

Back