• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Lets see yer discs! Show us your DTS CDs!

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
following on from the SACD threads from our guru, spiritual leader and hero of the hour JonUrban here's a similar one about the humble "DTS CD".

so please, don't be shy! show us ye discs!

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I should add, before any of our eagle-eyed QQ-ers leap in and shout "oy!" i did indeedy snucketh in an early DMP DTS CD (DMP Big Band does Duke Ellington) and 2 x Telarc DTS-CD's (Kunzel Big Picture, later reissued on SACD and Brubeck So What's New) in there too, just for fits and giggles :LOL:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
i call upon ye! guys and gals of QQ!
show us your discs!
now i know a number of you here have way more DTS CDs than I do (one member in Europe has hundreds of titles on DTS CD!!) and another member has all the rare Namlooks, etc.. come on! its fun!!! :ROFLMAO:;)(y):rolleyes::unsure::devilish:

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
please ignore the 2 x Marillion Blu-rays to the left and the Talking Heads Brick in the middle, the handful on the right of the pic are the juicy DTS CD's relevant to this 'discussion' (well
its a monologue at the moment but hopefully someone will join in and turn it into a conversation!)

so we have Hattler (very active mix of doof doof!), Engelstaub (sorry don't remember much about this one other than I got it thru Bandcamp!), Alain Mallet's "Mutt Slang" (excellent Elliot Scheiner mix!), Open Circle Party (another Bandcamp-er, nice mix!) and Ben Craven's Tunisia (a real hidden gem imho).

over and out, over to you... (y)

weekendtoy

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Well once freedblue posts a sample of his collection, then there isn't much left to add.

However, if memory serves correct, Boyz to Men II was the first DTS title released and little known band Shoeless Joe was the second album in DTS. Surely a coup for the band and it's manager. I'm too lazy to post my own photo but here is a stock photo.