Liquid Tension Experiment 3 in 5.1 (Mar 26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alansanchez86

701 Club - QQ All-Star
LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT
Announce details for new album ‘LTE3’
Album due out March 26th, 2021
2020 came to a close with LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT announcing their return and new album to be released on InsideOutMusic. Today, the legendary supergroup comprised of Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Sons of Apollo), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) are pleased to officially announce that the new album ‘LTE3’ will be released on March 26th, 2021 via InsideOutMusic, twenty-two years after the bands’ last studio album.
“After over 20 years since the last time we recorded together, the four of us stepped into the studio and it was as if no time had passed at all! All of the magic that made the first two LTE albums so special was still there and we had such a great time making this record. I’m extremely proud of what we created together and can’t wait for everyone to hear it!” -John Petrucci
“The best thing to come out of 2020 was this long-awaited reunion! And it was surely worth the wait as after all these years, the magic chemistry was still there and stronger than ever!”-Mike Portnoy

LTE3 Tracklisting:
1. Hypersonic (8:22)
2. Beating The Odds (6:09)
3. Liquid Evolution (3:23)
4. The Passage Of Time (7:32)
5. Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey (5:04)
6. Rhapsody In Blue (13:16)
7. Shades Of Hope (4:42)
8. Key To The Imagination (13:14)

Bonus Disc:
Including almost an hour of improvised jams
The pre-order will start on January 22nd 2021 and the album will be available as:
•Limited deluxe hot pink 3LP+2CD+Blu-ray Box Set (incl. a poster and 4 artcards, Blu-ray includes a 5.1 surround mix with visuals, and full band interview from the studio)
•Limited 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook
•Limited 2CD Digipak
•Gatefold black 2LP+CD
• Digital album (2CD)
Watch the recently released teaser trailer, created by Christian Rios, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvCuDIMIzo&feature=youtu.be

138265081_5318367248180874_5711394653400679825_o.jpg

LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT
Announce details for new album ‘LTE3’
Album due out March 26th, 2021
2020 came to a close with LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT announcing their return and new album to be released on InsideOutMusic. Today, the legendary supergroup comprised of Mike Portnoy (Transatlantic, Sons of Apollo), John Petrucci (Dream Theater), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater), and Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel) are pleased to officially announce that the new album ‘LTE3’ will be released on March 26th, 2021 via InsideOutMusic, twenty-two years after the bands’ last studio album.
“After over 20 years since the last time we recorded together, the four of us stepped into the studio and it was as if no time had passed at all! All of the magic that made the first two LTE albums so special was still there and we had such a great time making this record. I’m extremely proud of what we created together and can’t wait for everyone to hear it!” -John Petrucci
“The best thing to come out of 2020 was this long-awaited reunion! And it was surely worth the wait as after all these years, the magic chemistry was still there and stronger than ever!”-Mike Portnoy

LTE3 Tracklisting:
1. Hypersonic (8:22)
2. Beating The Odds (6:09)
3. Liquid Evolution (3:23)
4. The Passage Of Time (7:32)
5. Chris & Kevin’s Amazing Odyssey (5:04)
6. Rhapsody In Blue (13:16)
7. Shades Of Hope (4:42)
8. Key To The Imagination (13:14)

Bonus Disc:
Including almost an hour of improvised jams
The pre-order will start on January 22nd 2021 and the album will be available as:
•Limited deluxe hot pink 3LP+2CD+Blu-ray Box Set (incl. a poster and 4 artcards, Blu-ray includes a 5.1 surround mix with visuals, and full band interview from the studio)
•Limited 2CD+Blu-ray Artbook
•Limited 2CD Digipak
•Gatefold black 2LP+CD
• Digital album (2CD)
Watch the recently released teaser trailer, created by Christian Rios, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRvCuDIMIzo&feature=youtu.be

View attachment 61547
Awesome!! I'll pre-order this for sure!

Oh boy! How awesome! I listened to the first 2 albums on streaming for a good long while until I lost sight of them without ever buying them for my collection. I recall they were good stuff, time to get back into it.

With this being a 2CD + Blu combo, I'm sure this will be a must-buy. Will wait for first few reviews and then almost certainly pull the trigger.

Does anyone know who did the 5.1 mix?
Found a new bio from the label, yet still no details on 5.1.
Perhaps tomorrow, when pre-order links go live.
The 8 songs on the new LTE3 are a mix of 4 fully composed tracks, 2 duets, 1 on-the-fly jam and 1 meticulously arranged cover. “We composed four songs. We realized that that was the same with the first 2 albums. So, this time around we did the same,” Portnoy explains.

Last edited:
Back