Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to it right now - oh boy, if this doesn't end up on a disc in hi-res, it should be prosecuted...
Haken and Soord, what a marriage!
Thanks for posting this! I've never heard of them, but this is a case where I luckily went to youtube and WOW! They rock.....love it. Only, it appears no Atmos in the US yet....

Having tea with George Harrison.
Thought I'd see what's going on...
I gave a listen……i find the songs and the production of it’s time and very dated. Because of that, it doesn’t really matter to me how “ good” the ATMOS mix is! That said, Jeff Lynne’s very busy productions seemingly benefit from the extra “room” that come with the capabilities of ATMOS,,,,

Listened to the Atmos of this last night (5.1 for me) and thought it was very good.
On my 7.1 dolby atmos system all of the GH Albums sound really good IMHO some since these had never received a surround sound mix in the past I have found it incredibly enjoyable. Certainly more immersive than any existing stereo versions!

Listening to it right now – oh boy, if this doesn't end up on a disc in hi-res, it should be prosecuted...
Haken and Soord, what a marriage!
Everyone just listen to “The Alphabet Of Me” now it restore your faith in apple Dolby Atmos, I was just about to cancel my subscription but then I heard this.

Has anyone posted Feist's Multitides? Enjoying the Atmos mix on this (three tracks available so far)
Nice! I used to like Feist, but haven't kept up with her for years now. Adventurous mixes, especially for such deceptively simple (and mostly acoustic) arrangements. This kind of got overshadowed (for me) today by the new Peter Gabriel track, which is amazing, but I think I'll end up spending just as much time with these.

According to a long write-up for First Avenue (the venerable Minneapolis club) she incorporated Atmos into the live shows where she workshopped the material on this album during 2021 and 2022. Can't find any other references to that, though. Can Tidal users see who did the mix?
https://first-avenue.com/performer/feist/https://variety.com/2022/music/news/feist-multitudes-concert-interview-1235241134/

Nice! I used to like Feist, but haven't kept up with her for years now. Adventurous mixes, especially for such deceptively simple (and mostly acoustic) arrangements. This kind of got overshadowed (for me) today by the new Peter Gabriel track, which is amazing, but I think I'll end up spending just as much time with these.

According to a long write-up for First Avenue (the venerable Minneapolis club) she incorporated Atmos into the live shows where she workshopped the material on this album during 2021 and 2022. Can't find any other references to that, though. Can Tidal users see who did the mix?
https://first-avenue.com/performer/feist/https://variety.com/2022/music/news/feist-multitudes-concert-interview-1235241134/
Tidal credits the 3 singles so far as Robbie Lackritz.

I remember getting the 1234 song from iTunes back in the day - when Apple used it for the iPod Nano commercial. They should use it again to showcase lossless Atmos streaming! :)

Last edited:
Putting the Roxy Music in the same category as the Police, is a head scratcher to me for sure. I usually agree with your opinions, but this ain't one of them.
When I saw that about the Police, I felt extremely unsophisticated. I’m new to all this Atmos mixing in general and am only listing via Apple Music using a pair of Air Pods Pro. I’ve never been a huge Police fan but threw on the Dolby Atmos Greatest Hits recently and thought it sounded really good. What am I missing?

When I saw that about the Police, I felt extremely unsophisticated. I’m new to all this Atmos mixing in general and am only listing via Apple Music using a pair of Air Pods Pro. I’ve never been a huge Police fan but threw on the Dolby Atmos Greatest Hits recently and thought it sounded really good. What am I missing?
Sorry but I can't comment on earbuds because I use speakers. My guess is that you like how dynamic it sounds and less so for the actual Atmos processing.

Back