Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see The Isley Brothers 3+3 in the listing for "Now In Spatial Audio". It is not. It is in Hi-Res though

Yeah--some discussion about that when it first surfaced a couple of weeks ago. I wonder if it got misplaced there because of the two "SQ" tracks that were included on the physical reissue?

I also just installed the latest update and it does not fix the mono front left problem. Although starting the track over does still work to open up all the channels.

starting the track again worked for me earlier but its stopped working and the only thing that does the trick now it is to toggle the audio format back and forth.. quite tedious!

IDK, is it just me, or does it seem like all the Spatial Audio lists (Genres) are truncated this morning?

Those things populate differently every time I open them. And sometimes, after I've scrolled all the way to what seems to be the bottom (even though I'm thinking: there's got to be more in this genre than what's displaying, and I'm sure there's at least one title missing that I've seen before), it'll suddenly start adding more rows, just as I'm about to close it. This can happen even after I've been looking at the screen for 20 or 30 seconds--with no blinking ellipses indicating "more's coming"...

Those things populate differently every time I open them. And sometimes, after I've scrolled all the way to what seems to be the bottom (even though I'm thinking: there's got to be more in this genre than what's displaying, and I'm sure there's at least one title missing that I've seen before), it'll suddenly start adding more rows, just as I'm about to close it. This can happen even after I've been looking at the screen for 20 or 30 seconds--with no blinking ellipses indicating "more's coming"...
yep, seems they've got a ton of tidying and tightening up to do with this app (there may be an App for that, but is it the app we all want 🤨)

Anyone yet compared "Miles Davis – Sketches Of Spain" with the Monster DVD?

*edit- hmm not seeing it listed now? There's at least 3 different versions , but Atmos?
LOL- now's it's back again

spatial what.jpg

Anyone yet compared "Miles Davis – Sketches Of Spain" with the Monster DVD?

*edit- hmm not seeing it listed now? There's at least 3 different versions , but Atmos?
The Atmos version on Apple Music is like your typical jazz Atmos mix - instruments all in front of you, with some reverb / ambience to the sides and above. Very subtle. The sound quality is very good.

On the other hand (and this is totally from memory as I have not listened to the disc in a while), the Monster DVD version makes you feel like you are sitting in the middle of the performers. Not necessarily quad-like with distinct instruments behind you and to the sides, but I recall the distinct impression of being onstage with the performers and the air all around you. I'll have to listen again to confirm. But I believe most here would prefer the Monster DVD mix.

this is an off-topic question, but I don't know where else to ask.
Where can I disable e-mail notifications from replies? I went to my account and unchecked Receive news and update emails and Receive forum daily newsletter "Yesterday's Forum Activity"
Also, unchecked under preferences:

• Automatically watch content you create…
      • and receive email notifications
  • Automatically watch content you interact with…
      • and receive email notifications
  • Show people's signatures with their messages
And I'm still getting emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back