Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow! this is so much louder than those two new "Tattoo You" Atmos tracks!! 🤯

Rolling Stones : "Goats Head Soup"
(Apple Music; 5.1.2)

5F2D33C9-19CA-41C8-95B1-D2BA561F7F97.jpeg

fairly subdued surround but stuff feels like its happening all over and it sounds good when cranked! it somehow works better in Atmos for me than the Atmos tracks i heard off Goats Head Soup, does that mirror your experiences?

Rolling Stones : "Troubles A'Comin"
(from forthcoming "Tattoo You" SDE)
(Apple Music, 5.1.2)

View attachment 72137
Like I said, didn't hear anything from the Center (not a big deal for some if it has great Phantom Center imaging), but I was more concerned with such light rears and how "light weight" it sounded. Check out the dynamic punch that the regular stereo version has with this album, then go back to these tracks. IDK, just sounded too soft for me; this is Rock 'n fookin' Roll innit?

Like I said, didn't hear anything from the Center (not a big deal for some if it has great Phantom Center imaging), but I was more concerned with such light rears and how "light weight" it sounded. Check out the dynamic punch that the regular stereo version has with this album, then go back to these tracks. IDK, just sounded too soft for me; this is Rock 'n fookin' Roll innit?

The stereo mix is very digitally compressed (very little dynamic range). Fortunately the Atmos mastering isn't slammed.

Atomic Dog - George Clinton
dd2.gif

Yeah, this is a story of a famous dog
For the dog that chases its tail will be dizzy
These are clapping dogs, rhythmic dogs
Harmonic dogs, house dogs, street dogs
Dog of the world unite
Dancin' dogs
Yeah
Countin' dogs, funky dogs
Nasty dogs (Dog)
Atomic dog