Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favourite bands! Is it an up-mix or do you think the multi-track (8 tracks I think?) have survived and its a proper mix?
And mine Duncan
Good questions...
Need to play it again....

Vocals and drum Centre and fronts
Guitar from the rears
Bass from the sides
Percussion from front heights
Guitar repeated in rear heights.

Based on this...I would say it's a proper mix using sparce resources.

And it sure sounds as fresh as I first heard it way back in 1970.

I know your views on this streaming malarkey Duncan, I once held similar views but I now think as
I've got the Atmos speaker set up, make more use of it.

Last edited:
One of my favourite bands! Is it an up-mix or do you think the multi-track (8 tracks I think?) have survived and its a proper mix?

its a remix from multi's, with some differences from the original, i didn't think it was all that great.. tbh i had wondered if it maybe used a shelved 5.1 at its core since this was one of those albums that was slated for release in Surround back in the day

its a remix from multi's, with some differences from the original, i didn't think it was all that great.. tbh i had wondered if it maybe used a shelved 5.1 at its core since this was one of those albums that was slated for release in Surround back in the day
There we go Adam, I thought it was quite good, considering.
That's the beauty of art ...it's in the ears of the beholder ... :)

Those things populate differently every time I open them. And sometimes, after I've scrolled all the way to what seems to be the bottom (even though I'm thinking: there's got to be more in this genre than what's displaying, and I'm sure there's at least one title missing that I've seen before), it'll suddenly start adding more rows, just as I'm about to close it. This can happen even after I've been looking at the screen for 20 or 30 seconds--with no blinking ellipses indicating "more's coming"...
Switching from my computer to the ATV4K all that stuff was still in there from last night-inconsistencies abound 🤷‍♂️

On this Stones new stuff (my 5.1 system), there's only Fronts (no center action) and just slight bit of faint BU Vox and drums maybe in the rears. It also seems very much less dynamic sounding overall than the regular ol' stereo mix they have for the Tattoo You album.

And what is this saying about the future of physical surround format production and Thirsty Beavers? :unsure:

RS TY ATMOS.jpg

There we go Adam, I thought it was quite good, considering.
That's the beauty of art ...it's in the ears of the beholder ... :)

its not bad in its' own right, its just the original's got that hard to define quality that's somehow made it an ageless, timeless kinda evergreen.. and i wasn't getting that same vibe from the Atmos.. maybe a case of "overfamiliaritis" (open wide!) having heard the song about 18 million times prior to the Atmos 😂

On this Stones new stuff (my 5.1 system), there's only Fronts (no center action) and just slight bit of faint BU Vox and drums maybe in the rears. It also seems very much less dynamic sounding overall than the regular ol' stereo mix they have for the Tattoo You album.

View attachment 72097
I'm getting a little and decent activity in the surrounds, but not great or agressive. I would probably say it's similar mixing to Goats Head Soup. Perhaps the remaining members of the Stones ( :cry: Watts rip) have asked for these Atmos mixes to be more subdued...:unsure:

its not yet been in the Spatial Audio section in the UK afaik.. it plays back in Stereo only, right?
I don't see it anywhere on any of my Spatial Audio ATV4K categories now; that's why folks prefer physical media, streaming can be taken down at any moment :sick:

Checking out the Harold Melvin now 🧐🧐... and Freddie, this is some balls to the walls proper Quad (er - Dolby Audio :whistle:) innit.

Last edited:
I don't see it anywhere on any of my Spatial Audio ATV4K categories now; that's why folks prefer physical media, streaming can be taken down at any moment :sick:

Checking out the Harold Melvin now 🧐🧐... and Freddie, this is some balls to the walls proper Quad (er - Dolby Audio :whistle:) innit.

Can be taken away, but enjoy it in the moment?

The Bond film might be delayed but at least we have the song now, in Atmos none the less!

Billy Eilish - No Time To Die

View attachment 57552

Not too bad - there's defo some stuff going on around the room. Sounds a bit like a mash up between Michael Jackson - Earth Song and Pendulum - Watercolour... :D

Billie Eilish - No Time To Die. 🔫
553535ED-4E2A-4240-89D5-B3EBAB3768DA.jpeg

Tidal - https://tidal.com/track/156899047
Apple Music - No Time To Die by Billie Eilish

Giving this a spin again after (finally) getting to see the film - which is FANTASTIC!!! Worth the wait. Thinking of going again next week! 😂

Mix is pleasantly immersive and it’s actually growing on me this song now. Although I still think it sounds like a mash up between Earth Song and Watercolour by Pendulum… 😎

The film actually features another classic Bond tune - which is a really nice touch…

Last edited:
Somebody recommended A Southern Gothic before and I'm gratefully surprised. Very very nice songs and a killer Atmos mix. Give it a try, fellows!
I have to confess that I'm a little overwhelmed with so many new records, this streaming thingy is a bit too much and I'm starting not to pay the needed attention these albums require. I'm starting to be conscious that I jump from one record to another after listening to one or two songs if I don't like the music on first listen.. no good... and my new purchases (Fugazi, The Visit, etc) just taking dust on the shelves.

Somebody recommended A Southern Gothic before and I'm gratefully surprised. Very very nice songs and a killer Atmos mix. Give it a try, fellows!
I have to confess that I'm a little overwhelmed with so many new records, this streaming thingy is a bit too much and I'm starting not to pay the needed attention these albums require. I'm starting to be conscious that I jump from one record to another after listening to one or two songs if I don't like the music on first listen.. no good... and my new purchases (Fugazi, The Visit, etc) just taking dust on the shelves.
It is amazing what is coming at us...
It's like every other day, another Atmos track/album, gives us a new treat.
So we were bemoaning the lack of physical surround releases but this more than replaces that oversight.
Bring it on, I say.
:QQlove
PS: Most of my listening happens when I'm watching sport on TV...on mute.

fairly subdued surround but stuff feels like its happening all over and it sounds good when cranked! it somehow works better in Atmos for me than the Atmos tracks i heard off Goats Head Soup, does that mirror your experiences?

Rolling Stones : "Troubles A'Comin"
(from forthcoming "Tattoo You" SDE)
(Apple Music, 5.1.2)

3C70884B-ED95-4C37-8030-0A1DA518EB7E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back