Listening to Now (In Dolby Atmos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Air, 10 000 Hz Legend (20th anniversary edition). This is great--one of the better/more active mixes I've heard in a while. Plus: Beck!
https://music.apple.com/us/album/10-000-hz-legend-2021-remastered/1589310076
Agreed. I've only sampled the first track as I'm waiting for the CD/Blu Ray package to arrive tomorrow. But really digging the mix, sounds great!

For me this is the sweet spot to offer. Dolby Atmos - Great mix - Lossless release at a reasonable price (£25) plus streaming for the masses. And throw in cool artwork too, lovely jubbly!

Really hope they do Moon Safari next in the same way... 🌕🦓🦒🦏:cool:

Last edited:
Agreed. I've only sampled the first track as I'm waiting for the CD/Blu Ray package to arrive tomorrow. But really digging the mix, sounds great!

For me this is the sweet spot to offer. Dolby Atmos - Great mix - Lossless release at reasonable price (£25) plus streaming for the masses. And throw in cool artwork too, lovely jubbly!

Really hope they do Moon Safari next in the same way... 🌕🦓🦒🦏:cool:
As long as they appear on Apple Music I'm happy, money saved. :cool:

The Sgt Pepper 2021 mix is just labeled (remix) while the previous version is (2017 remix). I have them both in my library. I A-B compared 3 songs and thought they were pretty similar although I felt the newer mix was just a bit more immersive.
I did some comparisons between the 2 and honestly could not discern any differences. If there were differences, they were subtle and I missed them.

Air - 10,000Hz Legend 20th Anniversary, Dolby Atmos on Blu-ray, this one jumps straight into Atmos as soon as the disc loads, no input necessary.
20211104_155438.jpg

By the way I hate this packaging, I've already ripped the sleeve getting the BR out:mad:

I did some comparisons between the 2 and honestly could not discern any differences. If there were differences, they were subtle and I missed them.
Yeah, they were really minor. One I can recall was the rhythm guitar on "Getting Better" was a little louder in the surrounds. I don't think there was much (if any) change to how the instruments were placed, just volume balance adjustments.

Given how much Atmos is dependent on room calibration, I can see individual experiences being different.

Last edited:
I have to admit feeling a bit like a kid at Christmas as every Friday rolls around, bringing the promise of a new round of Atmos / 5.1 / Quad releases on Apple Music. Always a few surprises in there. Let's see what the Surround Fairy brings us this week...

It must certainly feel like Christmas this Friday with all of the festive albums on offer- most of them which have decent mixes.

Anybody heard this one yet, may be interesting (sorry just throwing it out there, I haven't sampled it yet in Atmos?)

https://music.apple.com/us/album/trip-tape/1589218987
And yes Pete a little dinky linky for ya 😄 !!!

A bit front channel centric for my liking. Interesting that there are a couple of cover songs:

Tainted love- Soft Cell
Levitate- Dua Lipa.

Entertaining but nothing mind blowing.

A bit front channel centric for my liking. Interesting that there are a couple of cover songs:

Tainted love- Soft Cell
Levitate- Dua Lipa.

Entertaining but nothing mind blowing.

not a good cover of Tainted Love

For me, Tainted Love in Atmos would certainly make my top 10 atmos mixes, if they existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back