Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waited until the house cleared to crank up Bodhisattva right now (and on repeat a few times) from the new AP SACD.

I’ve been trying to learn the song on guitar in recent weeks and know with my skill level I won’t even rise to the level of a local bar band, but it’s still fun. The closing solo is one of my favorites of all time. What I wouldn’t give to have that in Atmos.

I suppose I should listen to the rest of the disc, too.

600x600bb.jpg

Listening now to MOFI's latest, Bill Withers-Still Bill stereo Hybrid SACD DSD64 #89. DR's are 13's and 14's.
I also own the HDTracks version 24/96 FLAC and the DR's are 12's, 13's, 14's.
Both versions are accepatable but the new MOFI comes across more full and forward, defiantely better.
Speaking of MOFI, they have so many Pre Orders and Coming Soon available now it is kind of ridiculous.
AMOB_525__169353__05032022124447-5360.jpg

The Cannonball Adderly Quintet in San Francisco [Riverside/Stereo SACD] Recorded live at the Workshop in SF on October 19th and 20th 1959. Produced by Orrin Keepnews. TT: 60'35"

Personnel: Cannonball Adderly, alto saxophone, Nat Adderly cornet; Bobby Timmons, piano, Sam Jones, bass and Louis Hayes on drums. Exceptionally well recorded!

R.ba94fadc4e8170227cae19bdf444a300

Pretty much a forgettable release as in not that good, but i find myself listening?
SACD from 1997?
Not sure what I have it is SACD, it is not MCH as a 360 surround?
SACD comes in Mono and Stereo?
I think I'm listening to stereo at least track 12 Moog Raga is stereo, too lazy to find the actual disc I ripped it from.
The Byrds? Without Crosby is it even the Byrds?
I'm confused.
R-5811319-1403341258-3417 (1).jpg

Notorious Byrd Brothers SACD
Tracks 12 onward are stereo.
1-11 are mono. (original LP & CD releases also available in REAL 2ch)

MoFi has released many mono titles. Likely because they can pay less for licensing.

I've bought some of them as a "different" mix from 2ch which I'm used to. I bought EVERYTHING on 2ch LP rather than mono. Paid the extra buck. Had 2ch gear from '62 on.

Bought Notorious 2ch LP as a new release. Rebought it as a UK 2 LP set (coupled w/Sweetheart). IMHO, best 2ch analog version of both albums. Also bought it on a UK Edsel 2 ch CD and an expanded 2ch US CD, which features aforementioned bonus tracks. Both Notorious and Sweetheart are among my most played and 100 fave albums.

Crosby did appear on Notorious, on which he received (co)writing credits for several tracks. He left the group amidst Notorious sessions. Reportedly, it was over McGuinn's opposition to Crosby's Triad appearing on the album. It was also reported that the horse on Notorious' cover represents Crosby! Triad did appear a year later on Jefferson Airplane's Crown of Creation. It also appeared on various later Byrds compilations and as a bonus track.

Notorious had no big hits and was a bit of a departure for the group. Further personnel changes and a vastly more different lineup followed it with Sweetheart. If Sweetheart isn't my fave Byrds album, Notorious is.

https://www.discogs.com/release/26287292-The-Byrds-The-Notorious-Byrd-Brothers

Notorious Byrd Brothers SACD
Tracks 12 onward are stereo.
1-11 are mono. (original LP & CD releases also available in REAL 2ch)

MoFi has released many mono titles. Likely because they can pay less for licensing.

I've bought some of them as a "different" mix from 2ch which I'm used to. I bought EVERYTHING on 2ch LP rather than mono. Paid the extra buck. Had 2ch gear from '62 on.

Bought Notorious 2ch LP as a new release. Rebought it as a UK 2 LP set (coupled w/Sweetheart). IMHO, best 2ch analog version of both albums. Also bought it on a UK Edsel 2 ch CD and an expanded 2ch US CD, which features aforementioned bonus tracks. Both Notorious and Sweetheart are among my most played and 100 fave albums.

Crosby did appear on Notorious, on which he received (co)writing credits for several tracks. He left the group amidst Notorious sessions. Reportedly, it was over McGuinn's opposition to Crosby's Triad appearing on the album. It was also reported that the horse on Notorious' cover represents Crosby! Triad did appear a year later on Jefferson Airplane's Crown of Creation. It also appeared on various Byrds compilations and as a bonus track.

Notorious had no big hits and was a bit of a departure for the group. Further personnel changes and a vastly more different lineup followed it with Sweetheart. If Sweetheart isn't my fave Byrds album, Notorious is.

https://www.discogs.com/release/26287292-The-Byrds-The-Notorious-Byrd-Brothers
That is awesome, thank you so much for that explanation, really good info.

GILBERTO WITH TURRENTINE [CTI/Tower Records Stereo SACD] WOW! What an amazing upgrade from ALL previous RBCDs ... akin to hearing it for the very first time. Producer Creed Taylor's awesome production finally manifests itself in ALL its glory. And what an assemblage of back up musicians: Stanley Turrentine Alto Sax, Eumir Deodato on electric piano, Gene Bertoncini, Sam Brown, Bob Mann and Sirvuca on guitars, Ron Carter Bass, Airto Moreira Percussion among others. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. SACD even has that green ink overlay!

Astrud Gilberto Gilberto With Turrentine Japan SACD w/OBI NEW Tower Records - Picture 1 of 2

Last edited:
IMG_1832.jpeg

Phil Woods & Donald Byrd -
The Young Bloods

Really nice album.
I love these Analogue Productions Prestige Mono SACDs.
Too bad it looks like they’ve killed off the stereo series with only 12 of 25 announced titles making it to market.

Odd album cover, can’t figure out what it’s supposed to be.

Back