Listening to now (In Surround!) - Volume 1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentle Giant DTS DVD Upmixes. GG and Octupus would be sublime with SW mixes. Far better albums than P&W IMO. Nice upmixes, shame they are done from a compressed source, remasters?

Right now Stephen Wilson Drive Home Ep. Just a few minutes ago listened to disc 2 of Jethro Tull War Child. Both excellent.

Right now Stephen Wilson Drive Home Ep. Just a few minutes ago listened to disc 2 of Jethro Tull War Child. Both excellent.

The new song on Drive Home has phenomenal drumming, and mixing! Great disc.

Thanks again, Jan!

I just got Schiller - Atemlos Live the other day and am finally giving it a proper listening. Athough it might only be a DVDV, a bit bass heavy and not quite as immersive as it could be, I still love it. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to Leben. And while it's difficult to reach such perfection every time, this one doesn't disappoint.
Another guilty surround pleasure. :brew

"How does your garden grow?" BTE DVD-A

Just noticed it is ONLY 5.1, NO STEREO...

Great Disc...didn't get the music too much when I got it back then, but it is a REALLY GOOD disc...and a great mix too,,,"Music Valet" has fallen off the face of the planet...

Thanks again, Jan!

I just got Schiller - Atemlos Live the other day and am finally giving it a proper listening. Athough it might only be a DVDV, a bit bass heavy and not quite as immersive as it could be, I still love it. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to Leben. And while it's difficult to reach such perfection every time, this one doesn't disappoint.
Another guilty surround pleasure. :brew

Glad you like it :brew :)

001.JPGThis is my first listen...and it's a 10 so far

Getting a good listen to Blood Sweat & Tears. It really is good.

You bet it does...love the content...last Sunday I was in church and the choir sang God Bless The Child...I just smiled knowing my SACD was in transit....there are several versions of the song...the most popular being the one by Billie Holiday...Holiday wrote the song in response to an argument over money with her mother..her mother said "God bless the child that's got his own"...

Blue Man Group - Audio (DVDA)

Impressive surround mix and sound quality.

I saw them perform live a few years ago. Far out show!

Should do that myself, looks like they're still in Vegas. Any idea if the line-up is still good?
It's been a few years since I've seen them, but from what I gather they're still going strong. Their music is like Kraftwerk with drums on steroids... definitely very heavy on the drums. Their DVDA gives one's system a nice workout. I like it. And their live performance was also intense and loud. It might not be a concert that you'd want to see again and again, but I'd recommend seeing it once.

Here's a link to some reviews...http://www.yelp.com/biz/blue-man-group-las-vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back