Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1643945488432.png

Listening to all 4 Doobie Brothers albums in a row from the Quadio BR set while making myself a DS encoded stereo DVD-R copy [personal use] (my Sony BR player downmixes the 4.0 DTS to Dolby Surround) so I can play the resulting ~2+ hour DVD as "background music", decoded w/DPL2 or DynaQuad.

I don't have music server system, I plan to make a few more DVD-Rs of all of my other DVD-A, MCH SACD, DTS and DD music content for playback on my basement and bedroom systems.

Kirk Bayne

Mieczyslaw Wajnberg WORKS FOR FLUTE [Tacet Records/Multi~CD SACD 5.1] Antonia Styczen Flute. Another stunning discrete "REAL SURROUND" SACD from Tacet

https://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=12366#reviews
81fv3zOlajL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

That's a funny cover: playing too much flute makes you hoarse?

Do they explain what the "inspiring tube sound" is? Is it a special tube mixing console they used? Or tube mics they recorded with?

I thought surround came out after they stopped building tube mixing desks

Just listened to:
Deep Purple - Machine Head (DVD-A), and it sounded fantastic as usual.
Queued:
Genesis - Foxtrot (SACD, MCH), and it always sounds great as well...
Gentle Giant - Free Hand (Atmos), for sure a great sounding album!!!!
Will finish up tonight with various Blu-ray copies of Gentle Giant, I have them all and totally enjoy them upmixed to my 4.2.4 system!!

Steven Wilson is a genius, wish he would have done all of the old Genesis (with Peter Gabriel) material.

Back