Marillion - "Afraid of Sunlight" 4CD/Blu-Ray deluxe edition out November 1st

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one little weakness with the band’s self funded & managed fan shop is that there has been issues of shipping confirmations not arriving in boxes. If you made an account in the shop, You should be able to see if the order has shipped yet or not. That method always seems to be accurate.

a couple of other issues that may be at play:
1: The band has taken the approach in recent years to ship out the orders based on geographic distance. The idea is try and get all orders delivered within a few days of each regardless of delivery country.

2: the shop likely is operating at overcapacity.
They have this release, a new stereo release CD of reworked songs with a string quartet (a precursor to their upcoming tour), and a new strategy to sell upcoming tour shirts through the shop as it getting too hard to sell them at the venues without tax implications & venue fees.

The cd was supposed to be released a bit earlier but the demand was higher than expected and the pressing plant had a delivery issue.

The band tries hard. In these circumstances, They bring in fans that volunteer their time to pack the orders.

Lastly, I am not sure about the print but on the last deluxe edition they sent the print separately. It was easier for them to pack the orders as the print is a tad wider than the box set.

The band really appreciates those who order these deluxe editions from them directly. They do not own the rights to these albums and make more money playing the roll as a retailer than the royalties they receive on the release.

Obviously, I am overly fond of this band!

The one little weakness with the band’s self funded & managed fan shop is that there has been issues of shipping confirmations not arriving in boxes. If you made an account in the shop, You should be able to see if the order has shipped yet or not. That method always seems to be accurate.
If it is accurate, then mine has not shipped yet, which is fine. I'm sure it will soon.

If it is accurate, then mine has not shipped yet, which is fine. I'm sure it will soon.
The release date isn’t until Nov 1 and given that I am in the USA, I think the band is managing the even distribution roll out again.

Checked Junk/spam folder? I ordered on 5th Sept, shipped notification email was sitting in junk folder from Friday (10/18)
Yeah, I check spam every day. [emoji2369]

And I just re-checked the website. Order status has not changed. Weird.

My copy along with the signed photo arrived this morning, the Blu-ray was soon located and extracted from the book and inserted into the player, the first picture here is what comes up, the raindrops are constantly running down the screen and continue through the songs where there is a different background picture for each one, the yellow aura around Jesus is animated too. I chose 5.1 LPCM and I'm only up to track 5 so far, but it's sounding pretty good to me!

https%3A//i.imgur.com/564nYtz.jpg[/img]']

I chose 5.1 LPCM and I'm only up to track 5 so far, but it's sounding pretty good to me!

What's your opinion on this versus the Clutching at Straws remix? I know it's kind of comparing apples to oranges, but I kind of hated that mix - too much was changed from the original, and the mix was kind of flat.

Back