Marillion "Script for a Jester's Tear" (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 Blu-Ray!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am tempted by that Amazon Canada price even though I know nothing from the album.
I’ll order it now and cancel later if I change my mind.
Limited experience with them, have the original CD of Misplaced Ideals but missed on the earlier two Blu-ray sets.

Edit: poking around the internet I see there are more of these sets than I realized. I’d only seen Misplaced Ideals and Brave, didn’t know Clutching At Straws and Afraid of Sunlight were done too

Last edited:
I am tempted by that Amazon Canada price even though I know nothing from the album.
I’ll order it now and cancel later if I change my mind.
Limited experience with them, have the original CD of Misplaced Ideals but missed on the earlier two Blu-ray sets

Misplaced Childhood
[/QUOTE]

I received a shipping confirmation from the band's merchandise shop today stating Script has shipped to me in the States.
As long as the mail carriers don't outright stop, I think I should have it in 2 weeks.

Band's manager on Facebook....

OK - due to Warners not wanting us to make an announcement, I can neither confirm nor deny that there may or may not be people at Racket this week furiously packing the thousands of CDs and vinyl. I can neither confirm nor deny that we told Warners that we would be posting them out as soon as they were packed whether they liked it or not.
I can neither confirm nor deny that these will all be posted out at the same time rather than waiting for ROW, then EU then UK in order as we may or may not just want to get the stuff posted before the royal mail shuts down.

and I can neither confirm not deny that Fish may or may not be doing the same. x

and ....
may be.JPG

Official release date is April 3, 2020
I doubt anyone other than the band & Fish could remotely get away with sending it this early.

I find that past practice from Marillion's camp is usually:
  1. pack & ship ROW orders first.
  2. pack & ship EU orders second.
  3. pack & ship UK orders third.
I think that typically gives all orders a chance to arrive on or near the release date at the same time.
In this case, it looks like Marillion is pulling the trigger early given the uncertainty of postal systems closing.

Not certain if that was the correct call but bless them for trying. Not sure who will claim responsibility if the shipments get stuck within a shutdown system and get lost.

Fish actually got the blessing to sell it at his UK tour's merchandise tables early. Unfortunately the tour had to close down before the second show due to the social gathering restrictions.

I find that past practice from Marillion's camp is usually:
  1. pack & ship ROW orders first.
  2. pack & ship EU orders second.
  3. pack & ship UK orders third.
I think that typically gives all orders a chance to arrive on or near the release date at the same time.

How bloody thoughtful of them! Jolly good bunch of blokes over there.

I received a shipping confirmation from the band's merchandise shop today stating Script has shipped to me in the States.
As long as the mail carriers don't outright stop, I think I should have it in 2 weeks.
Got mine, too! I expect it to take a bit longer than usual, so I'll give it up to four weeks before I worry about it.

How bloody thoughtful of them! Jolly good bunch of blokes over there.

They really do try and make the extra effort. For a small shop, they generally bend over backwards for the fans.
And the fans are engaged. A handful of locally based fans (with secret knowledge of where the band's HQ building is located) typically volunteer to come over and help with these mass shipping releases.

That being said, Lucy admits that they did not follow their standard practice with this release. Some fans in the UK have reported already receiving their shipment.

Last edited:
Back