Mike Oldfield "Tubular Bells" (limited-run SDE Blu-Ray with Dolby Atmos, 5.1, and Quad mixes shipping 5/26)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Screenshot_2023-03-31-15-17-59-70_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Always wanted a multi channel version of this record for my collection but never knew what mix to buy. Now I’m confident this is the definitive edition. The only thing this blu-ray doesn’t include is the 2003 re-recording, correct?
I was on the same boat..I have been on the fence getting a copy-any copy- from the available multi versions...
This version will more than do..And the series continues..a 10 in my book. Ordered!:)

Always wanted a multi channel version of this record for my collection but never knew what mix to buy. Now I’m confident this is the definitive edition. The only thing this blu-ray doesn’t include is the 2003 re-recording, correct?

Nope, this leaves out the 1st Quad mix, only available on CD4 or Q8. I suppose if you're only going to put 1 quad mix on it, it makes sense to go with the 2nd, I think that's considered the better of the two. But - I would have preferred to see the first be included, since I already have the 2nd on SACD.

Back