New Jethro Tull album spring 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon, giant box, two plastic air bubbles and one 3/4" dent at top right side.
Oh well.
Direct from Amazon? You should be able to exchange for a new copy if you left it in the shrink. No guarantee the next copy won't also get damaged in shipping, though...

Direct from Amazon? You should be able to exchange for a new copy if you left it in the shrink. No guarantee the next copy won't also get damaged in shipping, though...
Yeah, I know, but in my collection that have arrived pristine I've dropped a few and dented, I read sometimes, rip all the time, and put in a closet.
In regards to your statement, when I have done that with Amazon the second package always has been better than the first.

I finished my first listen of the Atmos version only, will listen again.
Coming from a 1/2 Danish family, the other half Irish, I really appreciate the theme of this new work.
Will likely listen to the 5.1 in the car and the stereos.
The book with liner notes was super good reading, Ian is very descriptive and really lets you know everything. The written interview with Bruce Soord was very good.
Still have more to explore, but overall this is an excellent piece of art and music.
No comparisons, no looking back.

https://jethrotull.proboards.com/post/93245/thread
343498382-755818172712098-5836119873549875203-n-2.jpg

I just received my copy and after the first listen it's not bad. I will listen a few more times before deciding.
It's obviously not like Warchild or Too Old to Rock and Roll, but so be it.

Also from RökFlöte’s opening track, there’s a sense of Anderson’s sidemen as hired guns instead of partners in music-making. Here and throughout the album, I felt frustrated on behalf of guitarist Joe Parrish-James. So often on so many tracks, he launches into a guitar solo with a concept far more modern than Anderson’s – understandable, given that he was born nearly fifty years after the bandleader – but, only a few notes in, his guitar line is immediately chained to a composed harmony part, and any flight of creativity is immediately grounded. I found myself repeatedly yelling, “Let the dude play!”
https://wildhunt.org/2023/05/jethro-tulls-regressive-rock-raganarok.html

Back