New John Lennon collection, remixed in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos out in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m interested, but it will depend on the mix (I’ve already got Lennon Legend, which isn’t bad, and the Imagine Studio mixes... no preorder for me this time.

I'm in this camp as well . . . interested, but not ready to preorder since I have Lennon Legend and the Imagine box set. I've always been pleasantly surprised at the sound quality of the Lennon Legend tracks. It will be interesting to see if these are all new mixes.

^^
Yeah, 2 international Amazons' that had preordering and within hours are no longer there isn't a warm fuzzy. Makes me wonder 1) if Amz prematurely announced it, 2) insufficient world-wide supply or production delays or 3) it's been pulled from Amz.

It was the right link for the boxset. I'm sure they'll have to honour their price promise? It was listed at £48.15. But yeah they've pulled it for the mo, guess waiting for an official announcement?

There's even a blurry pic of it on the order page... :cool:

View attachment 55580
Yep that's what my pre order looks like, but you can no longer pick the product.

Yeah, 2 international Amazons' that had preordering and within hours are no longer there isn't a warm fuzzy. Makes me wonder 1) if Amz prematurely announced it, 2) insufficient world-wide supply or production delays or 3) it's been pulled from Amz.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories. My pick is 1: Amazon prematurely announced. We’ll see these back soon.

This is the track listing, according to someone on SHTV:

1. Instant Karma!
2. Cold Turkey
3. Working Class Hero
4. Isolation
5. Love
6. God
7. Power To The People
8. Imagine
9. Jealous Guy
10. Gimme Some Truth
11. How Do You Sleep?
12. Oh My Love
13. Oh Yoko!
14. Come Together (Live)
15. Angela
16. Mind Games
17. Out The Blue
18. I Know (I Know)

1. Whatever Gets You Through The Night
2. Bless You
3. #9 Dream
4. Stand By Me
5. Steel and Glass
6. Angel Baby
7. (Just Like) Starting Over
8. I'm Losing You
9. Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)
10. Watching The Wheels
11. Woman
12. Dear Yoko
13. Every Man Has A Woman Who Loves Him
14. Nobody Told Me
15. I'm Steppin' Out
16. Grow Old With Me
17. Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
18. Give Peace A Chance

I'm listening to Instant Karma on Tidal, which has both the 2010 remaster and this 'ultimate' remix. I'm listening with my laptop, so I won't comment on sound quality. All I want to say is that I had to lower the volume by 6.5dB to level-match the 2010 remaster. I'm sure the remixes are well done, as they were the remixes of JL's Imagine, but this approach to mastering is something I'll never understand. There was no need to have this track mastered so loud IMO.

1. Instant Karma!
2. Cold Turkey
3. Working Class Hero
4. Isolation
5. Love
6. God
7. Power To The People
8. Imagine
9. Jealous Guy
10. Gimme Some Truth
11. How Do You Sleep?
12. Oh My Love
13. Oh Yoko!
14. Come Together (Live)
15. Angela
16. Mind Games
17. Out The Blue
18. I Know (I Know)

2. Bless You
3. #9 Dream
4. Stand By Me
5. Steel and Glass
6. Angel Baby
8. I'm Losing You
10. Watching The Wheels
11. Woman
12. Dear Yoko
14. Nobody Told Me
15. I'm Steppin' Out
16. Grow Old With Me
18. Give Peace A Chance
Looks like 2 songs from the Legend DVD (5.1) did not make this :
Mother (I'm surprised at)
Borrowed time (less surprised)

OK, I finally got a link to the correct preorder listing on Amazon UK. If you search on John Lennon, Best of John Lennon, John Lennon Box Set or some such, you won't find it! If you search on Gimme Some Truth or John Lennon Gimme Some Truth, you will!

The listing is just "Gimme Some Truth" with "by John Lennon" underneath. No conspiracy ;), just poor data entry into a database. Saw this at my company (pre-retirement); since we were building a program that linked to these product entries, it drove me nuts how sloppy the company's historic data entry was; guess even the mighty Amazon isn't immune.

So my contribution to this thread is a correct preorder link complete with a release date - Oct 9- real photos! (not TBC)...at least at this hour ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GG2DFWH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
I'm ordering it today! Thanks to this forum I found out about this release(y)

Last edited:
Amazon :rolleyes:

OK, I finally got a link to the correct preorder listing on Amazon UK. If you search on John Lennon, Best of John Lennon, John Lennon Box Set, John Lennon Gimme Some Truth, you won't find it!

It's listed JUST AS "Gimme Some Truth"...way to go Amazon. How would people who stupidly search with Lennon in the search string find it. No conspiracy...just incompetent data entry into the database. Seen this at my former company (pre-retirement); since we were building a program that linked to these product entries, it drove me nuts how sloppy the company's historic data entry was; guess even the mighty Amazon isn't immune.

So my contribution to this thread is a correct preorder link complete with a release date - Oct 9- real photos! (not TBC)...at least at this hour ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GG2DFWH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
Yup, and even though Amazon is a major player with AWS; it’s still up to the users behind it, as to what content to put up on it :oops:

1. Instant Karma!
2. Cold Turkey
3. Working Class Hero
4. Isolation
5. Love
6. God
7. Power To The People
8. Imagine
9. Jealous Guy
10. Gimme Some Truth
11. How Do You Sleep?
12. Oh My Love
13. Oh Yoko!
14. Come Together (Live)
15. Angela
16. Mind Games
17. Out The Blue
18. I Know (I Know)

2. Bless You
3. #9 Dream
4. Stand By Me
5. Steel and Glass
6. Angel Baby
8. I'm Losing You
10. Watching The Wheels
11. Woman
12. Dear Yoko
14. Nobody Told Me
15. I'm Steppin' Out
16. Grow Old With Me
18. Give Peace A Chance
Looks like we get 5 tracks off of my fav. Walls and Bridges, not sure what that means for a future dedicated release of that title :unsure:

Back