New John Lennon collection, remixed in 5.1 surround & Dolby Atmos out in October!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon US has the Oct 9 release but only of the 4 CD set, LP vinyl set, but not the set with the Atmos BD. Looks like we'll have to order this from across the pond.

I wonder how adventurous the mixer was with the surround. Can you "imagine" (groan) the place in Instant Karma where the drum hits come in rapid fire coming from all around you? I hope he was more adventurous than Giles Martin was with SPLHCB.

Last edited:

And this AM about an hour ago, I used the same search terms - John Lennon Gimme Some Truth & Gimme Some Truth and only the vinyl and CD only sets showed up. Maybe they refreshed the database with new info.

As an aside, I was searching Amazon US this AM for an older movie that was showing on a cable channel: Tamarind Seed with Julie Andrews. 3 listings for it in Prime Video:

1. Included in your Prime membership
2. Currently unavailable
3. $3.99 to rent, $19.99 to buy

And each entry is active and shows up in Prime Video exactly as described. Go figure.

Thanks MarkN for finding it in the US! Finding this release seem to be a hit & miss moving target.

Last edited:
And this AM about an hour ago, I used the same search terms - John Lennon Gimme Some Truth & Gimme Some Truth and only the vinyl and CD only sets showed up. Maybe they refreshed the database with new info.

Thanks MarkN for finding it in the US! Finding this release seem to be a hit & miss moving target.

I found it by taking the ASIN number from the Amazon UK listing and searching for that on the US site.

Now I'm waiting for it to show up at Bull Moose to see what their price will be.

Pre-ordered mine when it was up as TBC at £40.12 with £3.08 shipping ($56.73) on Amazon UK so a little cheaper than right now (£48.20), and a lot cheaper than Amazon US $79.98 (y)

I also noticed that. It's not the 1st time Amazon UK was lots cheaper than the US for the same movie or music title. Even adding in global shipping.

I found it by taking the ASIN number from the Amazon UK listing and searching for that on the US site.

Now I'm waiting for it to show up at Bull Moose to see what their price will be.

Even before COVID, I've had great luck with Bullmoose. Many times movies have been cheaper and in-stock when out of stock or unavailable at Amazon. They aren't Prime but my experience is they ship in several days. A good alternative.

I pre ordered on Amazon US today, 2CD and Blu Ray, $87.58 out the door.
These new releases, Goats Head, etc are really great to get the book, box, etc and no LP's.
I was thinking about ordering from CDJapan to get the SHM CD's but decided to save a few bucks. Looks like all will be on the Blu Ray.

I have been disappointed so often, I guess I'm now fearing the worst. Of course, newer surround mixes have been trending more discrete lately. In the 70s and early aughts, it was more of a crap shoot.
Yeah, it's still a crap shot IMO, even from the same mix engineers from title to title, but have to pinch myself with the great stuff we've been getting in the last couple years (i.e. Abbey Road, Doobies Quadio, Dutton Vocalion... etc.)

I may wait and see what importCDs lists this one at before I pull the trigger though, if I can stand the wait :unsure:

OK, I finally got a link to the correct preorder listing on Amazon UK. If you search on John Lennon, Best of John Lennon, John Lennon Box Set or some such, you won't find it! If you search on Gimme Some Truth or John Lennon Gimme Some Truth, you will!

The listing is just "Gimme Some Truth" with "by John Lennon" underneath. No conspiracy ;), just poor data entry into a database. Saw this at my company (pre-retirement); since we were building a program that linked to these product entries, it drove me nuts how sloppy the company's historic data entry was; guess even the mighty Amazon isn't immune.

So my contribution to this thread is a correct preorder link complete with a release date - Oct 9- real photos! (not TBC)...at least at this hour ;)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08GG2DFWH/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1
I'm ordering it today! Thanks to this forum I found out about this release(y)

FINALLY, a bona fide proper link and what do you know ...... AmazonUK has the data correct that I pre~ordered this disc on 24 August 2020!

Back