Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you all take a look at this photo of the cover from said release…it has what’s included.

plus no live or outtake material, also in MHO they should remix considering it was done in 2018 and in 4 yes technology has changed quite a bit…it’s already passé!! It wouldn’t or should I say shouldn’t take long to do but with Roger & David being LITTLE PIGGIES…who knows
How has the technology for a 5.1 remix changed in the last 4 years exactly? I know of nothing that has changed.

If you all take a look at this photo of the cover from said release…it has what’s included.

plus no live or outtake material, also in MHO they should remix considering it was done in 2018 and in 4 yes technology has changed quite a bit…it’s already passé!! It wouldn’t or should I say shouldn’t take long to do but with Roger & David being LITTLE PIGGIES…who knows

Are you mad man? Don't give them an excuse to start over it will be another ten years before we hear about it again. :)

I'm an audio engineer. There is no change or new technology related to mixing audio in 5.1 whatsoever in the last 4 years. (Or the last 20 years for that matter!) Maybe that comment really meant adding height and object channels for one of the extended 3D formats? But that's not 5.1 anymore! That would be 7.1.4 or similar.

Not exactly sure but how quickly technology changes in a daily basis these days, something released today is passé by tomorrow
I have 5.1 mixes from 10 years ago that would pretty much be mixed and processed the same way today. There have been no major advances in digital technology. The only advance in surround formats is that some have gone to Atmos or a similar object oriented format. This is a 5.1 mix. They may remix it in Atmos someday, but who knows? A new 5.1 mix of Animals will get you nothing based on advances in technology.

Not exactly sure but how quickly technology changes in a daily basis these days, something released today is passé by tomorrow
That's an opinion on popularity and nothing at all to do with technology though. Your comment sounded like you meant to suggest a new technology advancement in mixing. Like a new device or new way of working. Hence the comments. :)

That's an opinion on popularity and nothing at all to do with technology though. Your comment sounded like you meant to suggest a new technology advancement in mixing. Like a new device or new way of working. Hence the comments. :)
I’m not saying a new or different format I’m saying that the technology used to do the mixes may have gotten better in 4 years.

Nobody can actually say that technology doesn’t change on a daily basis these days…the technological advances in literally EVERYTHING over the past 10 or so years has surpassed what was done in the past 100 or so years

I’m not saying a new or different format I’m saying that the technology used to do the mixes may have gotten better in 4 years.

Nobody can actually say that technology doesn’t change on a daily basis these days…the technological advances in literally EVERYTHING over the past 10 or so years has surpassed what was done in the past 100 or so years
Listen to Steely Dan Gaucho! Old! But how many mixes have that quality?

Listen to Steely Dan Gaucho! Old! But how many mixes have that quality?
Not saying that previous mixes aren’t any good…if they are great as they are already why do a remix unless there is a totally new format which is much much better. Why remix perfection, but in PF Animals case it hasn’t even been released yet, that’s all I’m trying to say😊👍

Last edited:
Fair question!
The answer is that literally nothing has changed with this in the last 4 years. Or even the last 20 in this case.

When you hear examples of poor sounding work from the last 20 years, it's all the human element involved. There are no barriers in technology. There's poor work out there. And really really poor work out there! That's why the good ones are to be celebrated! :)

Listen to DSOTM again. THAT was made when there the technology was magnitudes harder to make work! Kind of puts the crude sloppy stuff you hear too often nowadays in it's place doesn't it!

Why remix perfection, but in PF Animals case it hasn’t even been released yet, that’s all I’m trying to say😊👍
So your saying that they should spend a lot more money to do this new mix all over again because it hasn't been released yet? One that they approved and you haven't heard yet? Do I have that straight? :oops:

So your saying that they should spend a lot more money to do this new mix all over again because it hasn't been released yet? One that they approved and you haven't heard yet? Do I have that straight? :oops:

Yes, he wants them to go through all of the rigorous disagreements and arguments all over again so the release will now come out in 2027… 😳😂😎

I don’t think there will be a huge box of crap the way there was with the big three. Just a Cd or SACD or Blu ray in a case

"pig's ear" in British English

NOUN
something that has been badly or clumsily done; a botched job (especially in the phrase make a pig's ear of (something))
eg "I've made a pig's ear of assuming people would get the reference."

Back