Pink Floyd - "Animals" 5.1 Surround Sound Mix (Blu-Ray & SACD editions out in September 2022!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m just thankful that Pink Floyd has gone out of their way to give us so much great Surround over the years. They have also released all the original Quad mixes and will eventually get us new remixes of classic albums.
Agreed…I am just antsy (pardon the pun 🐜) for Animals in surround because I have always loved that album
❤️ 🐖 🐕 🐑
P.S. - I just looked it up and Roger Waters is 78 years old…you’d think he might want to get it out sooner than later ⌛

Agreed…I am just antsy (pardon the pun 🐜) for Animals in surround because I have always loved that album
❤️ 🐖 🐕 🐑
P.S. - I just looked it up and Roger Waters is 78 years old…you’d think he might want to get it out sooner than later ⌛
Nah, he delayed his tour until late next year as well. He must be thinking he'll be in good health for another decade lol...

No true news here, despite the misleading title, but a cover image I hadn't seen before. (Sorry if it's already been posted.)
https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pink-floyd-animals-2022-release-date
1633280599082.png

Last edited:
They are big on that DVD + Blueray thing aren't they. I think the demographic audience is wide enough to justify it I guess. Rumor has it there are some great upmixes of this out there, I hope the real thing makes them obsolete.
I have an AWESOME 2 Disc set done by MASTERWORKS….if Floyd do a better job than what I’ve got…it’ll be the best multi-channel disc ever produced!!! I’m crossing my fingers and everything else available that it is😊👍❤️

They are big on that DVD + Blueray thing aren't they. I think the demographic audience is wide enough to justify it I guess. Rumor has it there are some great upmixes of this out there, I hope the real thing makes them obsolete.

It helps them justify charging a higher price. I'm not worried about the DVD, at least I can play it if I wish. What does piss me off having to buy vinyl that I have no way of playing... but what choice do I have, after all, Animals is one of my all time favorites.

I hope when this finally is released, the huge box it comes in has enough space something more appropriate than marbles or guitar picks - say a replica pig's ear.

I hope when this finally is released, the huge box it comes in has enough space something more appropriate than marbles or guitar picks - say a replica pig's ear.
It’s going to be in an LP style jacket with the LP and a few discs that’s it…so it will most likely be in a gatefold jacket

It helps them justify charging a higher price. I'm not worried about the DVD, at least I can play it if I wish. What does piss me off having to buy vinyl that I have no way of playing... but what choice do I have, after all, Animals is one of my all time favorites.
Same here. But I have friends into vinyl. I just give it away to one of them.

No true news here, despite the misleading title, but a cover image I hadn't seen before. (Sorry if it's already been posted.)
https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pink-floyd-animals-2022-release-dateView attachment 72172
If you all take a look at this photo of the cover from said release…it has what’s included.

plus no live or outtake material, also in MHO they should remix considering it was done in 2018 and in 4 years technology has changed quite a bit…it’s already passé!! It wouldn’t or should I say shouldn’t take long to do but with Roger & David being LITTLE PIGGIES…who knows

Last edited:
Back