Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon - 50th Anniversary Atmos mix in 2023! (Standalone BD coming in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazon reduced their price to $264.99.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-16-05-22-01-427.jpeg
    Screenshot_2023-02-16-05-22-01-427.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 0
Hopefully because they decided to rethink the whole thing, and not because it sold out. ;):giggle:
According to Target, that's exactly what happened...

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 2.19.57 PM.png

And weirdly, prior to the price change on Amazon, it was listed as 255.99 at Target and it actually went up to $264.99. I took a screen shot of the total Target damage a month ago just to see if something like this would happen:

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 10.19.10 AM.png

Don't worry, I am sure more will be produced. Makes me wonder if they were cautious with their initial production number because they didn't know how much demand there would be.
I don't think the Immersion set sold out and it's hard to believe this would unless they produced less of them.

After purchasing the Immersion box, the Making Of... documentary, and the 5.1 SACD of DSOTM, this new cash grab box set with nothing new of interest is an easy pass for me. Truly a missed opportunity to do something special and definitive.

I imagine by the 75th, it’ll be so expensive we’ll expect that, at that price, it should actually include a trip to the dark side of the moon... and a scarf.
I doubt many of the fans that bought the original print of the album in 1973 will be around for the 75th.
I will be in my late 80s by then so it's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
You would think that, given that reality, they'd pretty much be releasing anything they have in the vault for this "50th" edition. In another 25 years there will be very few that give a crap about the minutia surrounding this album. It might still be listened to, but how many will have the deep personal connection to something that came out when their grandfathers were teenagers?

I doubt many of the fans that bought the original print of the album in 1973 will be around for the 75th.
I will be in my late 80s by then so it's possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.
You would think that, given that reality, they'd pretty much be releasing anything they have in the vault for this "50th" edition. In another 25 years there will be very few that give a crap about the minutia surrounding this album. It might still be listened to, but how many will have the deep personal connection to something that came out when their grandfathers were teenagers?
Forget marbles and scarfs in the box, then. Hearing aids (spacial audio version, of course) and Depends® for those of us still around.

Forget marbles and scarfs in the box, then. Hearing aids (spacial audio version, of course) and Depends® for those of us still around.
Marketing GENIUS! Dark Side of the MOON Diapers! Sadly, i could use some now, and i'm in my early 60s! In 30 years, there will only be a dark side to my moon. . . .

Last edited:
Back