Police Certifiable Blu-ray/CD $10 at Best Buy

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Gerhard

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Certifi...?id=1895078&skuId=8971605&st=police&lp=2&cp=1

I just ordered it for store pickup. I understand it is very good. The Elton John Red Piano Blu-ray/CD set is on sale at the same price but I passed on it and understand it isn't very good. I believe there are others on sale as well but I have been purchasing so many Blu-ray releases, I am way out of money to spend on this stuff and I didn't try to find others I might buy.

Chris

The Red Piano disc is not bad, but the 60th Birthday BD is far superior. The Red Piano is actually just like going to his show at Ceasar's in Las Vegas with some extra stuff thrown in. For $10, it's a good deal. The Police BD is excellent picture and sound and performance.

The Red Piano disc is not bad, but the 60th Birthday BD is far superior. The Red Piano is actually just like going to his show at Ceasar's in Las Vegas with some extra stuff thrown in. For $10, it's a good deal. The Police BD is excellent picture and sound and performance.

At $10 I am sure it is a good deal, I had it in my cart but read about it and removed it then checked out. Pretty crazy prices, $10 in my opinion but I am finding so many deals like these that I don't just buy them all now. I have been pretty optimistic for years about what we would see with Blu-ray but I never dreamed prices like these would become common. I have the Elton 60th Birthday BD, several concert DVD's and of course the excellent SACD releases so I doubt if I would play the Red Piano set much if I did buy it, I believe everything else I have is better.

Best Buy has been aggressive with prices for Blu-ray products, so has Wal-Mart and of course Amazon often meets prices shortly after posted by the others. Local stores here have a great selection, I sure never saw anything like this with SACD/DVD-A. Several stores are going to have some Black Friday Blu-ray doorbusters so I am going to fight the crowds and see what I can grab, run in and out of Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy all three are close together here. Hopefully get back home early and alive.

Chris

Just wiped out my BB of all their copies......great Xmas gifts. The stickers still read 34.99.
The doc on the disc is fucking funny as hell.

Well you guys are lucky! I have been trying to get this for several weeks. Ordered online for delivery told its on back order. ordered for store pickup three times different stores. Online said was available. Each time received an email it was unavailable. Four emails to customer service. Finally a response they will not cancel my backorder for 30 days. How can this item be out of stock already?
Who do I have to sleep with to get a copy????? :eek:

I had to browse the web, make some phone calls and drive a little, but it was well worth it jefe ... hang in there! You don't have to sleep with anyone!

Dan

I was lucky enough to get one thru a forum member. It's pretty awesome!

Thanks pal!:smokin

Okay. I'm going to sign my name to a picture send it to that forum member and ask for a copy of Certifiable.
One question, should I send a photo of David Hasselhoff or Beyonce Knowles???? :mad:@:

Certifiable made a believer out of me. They didn't just go through the motions, they played their asses off and seemed better than when I saw them in 1983 at the height of MTV and background singers.

As mentioned, the documentary of whipping the band back into shape is very funny and quite informative. I paid $25 when it came out, no regrets.

That is (was) a pretty good price for everything you get. I wish the camera movement on "Certifiable" was less aggressive, though. Other than that it's a fantastic picture and OK sound. Anyway.... As for "Red Piano", I don't yet have that one. Seems to possibly still be $10.00 according to the BB website. Has the in-store price been matching the web on these?

I gave up on Best Buy and bought a sealed copy for $20 on the Bay. I'm really looking forward to it. If its halfway as good as Pauls Good Evening NYC which wasn't blu I'll be happy. I'm also getting the blu edition of the Stones Bigger Bang for $10 which is supposed to have great sound.

That is (was) a pretty good price for everything you get. I wish the camera movement on "Certifiable" was less aggressive, though. Other than that it's a fantastic picture and OK sound. Anyway.... As for "Red Piano", I don't yet have that one. Seems to possibly still be $10.00 according to the BB website. Has the in-store price been matching the web on these?
Sale is still on! Bought both discs @ the LIC Best Buy yesterday.:banana:

If you missed this, it might be time to check again.

Last week I had ordered the $10 version from bestbuy.com. They canceled my online purchase when it wasn't available for in-store pickup and they had none in stock on-line. I went into the Tustin, CA Best Buy yesterday and they had two on the shelves, sticker price at $34.99. I asked and when they rang it up it was still $10. Still one left!

Thanks for the link and info. Wasn't going to leave the house until after Christmas, but the deal was too good to pass up and needed something Blu-Ray to put in the player that's coming. I picked up both The Police "Certifiable" and Elton John "Red Piano" BR's for $9.99 each at the Pittsburg, CA store. They also had both titles in regular DVD format for $9.99. Try the link at post #1 and check the Best Buy "store Locator" to see if any are near you.

Also at Amazon:
The Police - Certifiable (Blu-ray Disc, 2008, Blu-ray/2- CD Set)
http://www.amazon.com/Police-Certifiable-Buenos-Aires-Blu-Ray/dp/B001L4NJIO

Elton John: The Red Piano (Blu-Ray + 2-CD)
http://www.amazon.com/Elton-John-Pi...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1261617139&sr=1-2

Ebay:
The Police - Certifiable (Blu-ray Disc, 2008, Blu-ray/2- CD Set - Retailer Exclusive)
http://catalog.ebay.com/Police-Cert...=police+blu+ray&_sop=10&_trksid=p3286.c0.m504

Back