Steven Wilson Richard Wright "Wet Dream" (Blu-Ray with Steven Wilson 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes coming September 29!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, I have to learn to wait a bit.
I jumped on the SDE offer when I got their email thinking it was one of those
exclusive, limited release deals. :(
I send an email to Paul at SDE and he very kindly instantly canceled the order and returned my money.
I was then abale to order in US from Deep Discounts for a big savings. wOOt.

Harvest promoted the albums together on this 12” Richard Wright / David Gilmour - Drop In From The Top / No Way

Unfortunately, that 12" single, which was only issued as a promotional item in France, is the only evidence that I've ever seen of any promotion given to Wet Dream. It seemed like Columbia and Harvest couldn't be bothered with it. Gilmour's first solo album on the other hand did have a single ("There's No Way Out of Here") released in both Europe and the U.S. Promotional clips were also filmed for Gilmour's album. But no singles, either commercial or promotional, were ever released for Wet Dream. I always felt that if Columbia had put a little effort into promoting the album it could have at least made a reasonable dent in the Billboard album chart. FM radio was still open to that kind of album at the time. Even Nick Mason's (pretty wacky) solo debut in 1981 got to #170 on the album chart as Columbia did make a bit of an effort to promote it.

Amazon fr

59769D47-3E3F-42BE-B06E-FFEC022A976E.jpeg

The RBCD was supposed to be out this Friday but now appears to be delayed until August 18th.....at least for North America. Amazon UK still shows this Friday as release date.

Since the album hit digital platforms today, I was hoping to see the atmos mix pop up on Apple Music this morning. No such luck. And other than the one song that had been available for the last few weeks, I couldn't even play the stereo tracks despite them showing as being active. Has anybody outside of North America given this one a try?

Last edited:
The new mix is a revelation. More warmth, detail and an incredibly open soundstage. Love how he opened up the stereo mix. I just listened to the 24-96 files through my IEMs and will try it through my audio system later today when I can crank it. Such a gorgeous album. Can't wait for the Atmos mix!!!

Back