Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The US Amazon price was only $40 and I preordered early on. If it were significantly more money, I would have waited for reviews about the mix. There just doesn't seem to be a lot to work with on this album in 5.1, let alone Atmos. But the low price mitigated the risk in my mind. If nothing else, maybe we get a great unmolested stereo version.

The US Amazon price was only $40 and I preordered early on. If it were significantly more money, I would have waited for reviews about the mix. There just doesn't seem to be a lot to work with on this album in 5.1, let alone Atmos. But the low price mitigated the risk in my mind. If nothing else, maybe we get a great unmolested stereo version.
Rush was a 3 piece band. lol :)

Rush was a 3 piece band. lol :)
Yep. But Geddy Lee is a multi-instrumentalist who did a lot of overdubs.
Hendrix was a 3 piece, but with a lot of effects
ZZTop is a 3 piece. The double tracked guitars are what saves the Tres Hombres Quad.
Cream was a 3 piece, the simple production on Cream albums is closest to BOS to my ears. And I'd say there's probably not a lot to work with on a Cream album as well.

I'm hoping they can better mix Reg's amazing drums to fill out the soundscape. The first album has better drum sound
Well, hopefully Whittaker will at least make the wooshing winds move about.
Ranasakawa and a couple other folks I've heard from, have a good point about hopefully mixing the drums into a more immersive/surround soundscape 🪘 🥁

Not even listed on Amazon.ca… So I tried both robintrower.com and chrysalis.com but neither will ship to Canada? Any one know of a site that handle Canadian pre-orders?
I've ordered from ImportCDs before and they've always come through. Currently it's listed as US$42.73 plus US$7.99 shipping to Canada. But sometimes they drop the price closer to the release date (e.g. like they did with the recent Deep Purple Machine Head box set which went from US$73.44 in early Feb. to US$58.75 a few weeks later).

So maybe make a note of it for now and keep an eye on the price possibly dropping before May 17th?

ImportCDs link

I've ordered from ImportCDs before and they've always come through. Currently it's listed as US$42.73 plus US$7.99 shipping to Canada. But sometimes they drop the price closer to the release date (e.g. like they did with the recent Deep Purple Machine Head box set which went from US$73.44 in early Feb. to US$58.75 a few weeks later).

So maybe make a note of it for now and keep an eye on the price possibly dropping before May 17th?

ImportCDs link
I can second my experience with ImportCDs, in general. But keep in mind that if the price drops, they don't automatically adjust a pre-order (unlike Amazon); you'd have to cancel the order and reorder at the lower price. (Cancellation is done via a webform on their site, and isn't instantaneous, so keep that in mind as you get closer to the ship date.)

ImportCDs link
Thanks....I will order from ImportCDs....I am tired of waiting for Amazon.ca to list it. Cheers

Not even listed on Amazon.ca… So I tried both robintrower.com and chrysalis.com but neither will ship to Canada? Any one know of a site that handle Canadian pre-orders?
Amazon US. I've preordered mine, but the price shot up to $62 US, with delivery and import fees, etc.

Really? So are:

Mountain
The Police
King's X
Cream

I'd be thrilled to have an Atmos release from any of them.
Well IMHO with the exception of the Police(who I absolutely detest) all those bands you listed have significantly more involved songwriting than Trower.
Bridge of Sighs is a good album but Dewar even though a fine singer is a just barely competent bass player and it shows in the simplicity of the rhythm section.

Now up for preorder at Rarewaves UK for £31.99, so I've cancelled Amazon!

https://www.rarewaves.com/products/...of-sighs-50th-anniversary-edition-3cd-blu-ray

Rarewaves seems to be my go to nowadays, as pre orders always seem to be a little cheaper than anywhere else, and my orders seem to arrive on the release day, or even the day before sometimes.
Thanks for the link,all in at 42 euros for me here delivered in Germany
Especially since Amazon Germany has raised its pre-order price to 65 euros!

Back