Robin Trower Bridge of Sighs New 5.1 and Dolby Atmos Mixes!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AI only works according to what is programmed into it
Look what Google did with theirs . ......

If its used to decipher Sumerian cuneiform or Egyptian hieroglyphics according to a language database I'm all for it.

Otherwise no thanks

Well a japanese bakery that used ai to id items to improve accuracy while allowing more engagament from the cashier has been repurposed to id cancer cells in lab samples.
AI can be a huge boon to society, it can also be abused because you know, people.

As an old fart here that was fortunate to see them live in the mid 70's, I'll definitely need to have a listen to this. But what's basically a three piece Rock band, it's going to be real interesting to hear how they mixed this into 5.1/Atmos. šŸ§

There are some interesting sparkly little things (chimes?) going on in the title track, maybe some swirling effects, hand claps, vocal embellishments etc. :unsure:

I will of course be rooting for a great surround experience; but also I'll buy just about anything in surround if I like the music/artist, here's an example:

https://www.discogs.com/release/28413358-Kaori-Muraji-Transformations
I'm hoping they can better mix Reg's amazing drums to fill out the soundscape. The first album has better drum sound

AI only works according to what is programmed into it
Look what Google did with theirs . ......

If its used to decipher Sumerian cuneiform or Egyptian hieroglyphics according to a language database I'm all for it.

Otherwise no thanks

A I , is something I could've used back in my younger come of age years.

Trying to figure out young women, why and what they did was very confusing.
My X could go from super sweet to cold witchy and back to sweet like greased lightning !
Pick up lines had to be at the exact right time , and as Tom Waits 'pines away......
"Warm Beer , Cold Women, ..a Fella just can't get a break".

It's International Woman's Day...so that's a good thing , hurray for Women !

Now back to our regularly scheduled ....Bridge Of Sighs....appreciation club.

Looking forward to hearing this album in surround. Like others here I saw Robin Trower not long after this album was released at Hemel Hempstead Pavilion in Feb 1975. This gig made such an impression that I can remember it so well. Unless my old brain is playing tricks on me! The second time was in 2015 and the forty years gap had made no difference to how amazing he is as a guitarist. Mesmerising! Also, hoping a pristine 24/96 version of the original stereo version is on the blu-ray.

Thankfully the internet helped me pin down the date of the gig - shout out for Setlist.com - but what did interest me is how few gigs he played in the UK in the 1970s compared to how many he played in the USA. That was in the days when the album sales funded the artists and the gigs did not have such great financial returns so were used more as promotion events. Presumably this meant playing as many gigs as possible to potential album buyers. They either sold loads in the UK so didn't need to play or money was so tight here then that it wasn't worth it so touring the USA must have been where the money was. How things have changed - I mentioned elsewhere the Ā£442 face value required for a single ticket for the Eagles/Steely Dan gig here in the UK in June.

Not even listed on Amazon.caā€¦ So I tried both robintrower.com and chrysalis.com but neither will ship to Canada? Any one know of a site that handle Canadian pre-orders?

Not even listed on Amazon.caā€¦ So I tried both robintrower.com and chrysalis.com but neither will ship to Canada? Any one know of a site that handle Canadian pre-orders?
I just looked at robintrower.com, and on the dropdown list of countries/region, Canada is listed.

Since the pandemic Iā€™ve noticed Amazon.ca is a few steps behind. Things usually get there, it just takes a bit longer. Iā€™m hoping it shows up this weekā€¦

I just looked at robintrower.com, and on the dropdown list of countries/region, Canada is listed.
Thanksā€¦ yes, it does appear in the pull-down list, but once you go through the checkout process, it wonā€™t allow you to select a shipping method... Indicating that it doesnā€™t ship to that address.

lovely, thanksky for the info, colsky šŸ’˜
instant pre-order šŸ‘Œ

hopefully it's a Trower Grower and not a Trower Show-er and they do more of Robin Trower's albums in similar fashion and in Atmos, i particularly love the "Long Misty Days" album with 'Caledonia', 'Pride', etc on it but really most of his 70's output is stunning and so is deserving of such reissue treatment.

what is equally stunning to me, is how Chrysalis do it! Ā£33 squidz and change for such a tidy comprehensive set is really the benchmark.

if whoever at Universal is handling Elton's catalogue is awake/alive and notices this Robin Trower release and could kindly get their act together and do similar media book type sets for EJ's 70's Classic albums, with live material and/or bonus tracks, a Blu-ray with Atmos and video footage if any relevant to that album/time period.. well, i doubt anyone would be complaiining. quite pathetic on Universal's part thus far, a superb effort on Chrysaliseseseses'''' partssss!! šŸ„³āœŒļøšŸ

"Cal-uh-doh-neee-yaaa
Cal-uhh-doh-neeee-yaaa
spirit of romaaaaaance!!"

oops, wrong album šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚

where were we? šŸ‘€ oh yeah, back to work before i get the chop šŸ˜…šŸ˜‚

Back