Romulus Quad Carts

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr8track

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
Has anyone had any experience with the Romulus Quad 8 carts? They seem to be primarily jazz artists. The tapes look very cheaply produced and are reminiscent of bootleg labels. What's the surround and audio quality of these recordings? I've seen a couple on Ebay recently.

dr8track said:
Has anyone had any experience with the Romulus Quad 8 carts? They seem to be primarily jazz artists. The tapes look very cheaply produced and are reminiscent of bootleg labels. What's the surround and audio quality of these recordings? I've seen a couple on Ebay recently.

I just found one at a little auction. The one I found seemed to have a nice mix. The interesting thing is I can not find the tape on any Quad list.

I have Bill Black Combo RQ-5007

Attachments

• BillBlackComboRQ5007.jpg
    BillBlackComboRQ5007.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 176
Resurrecting an old post, but I've seen a few Romulus Quads on ebay now and then. The Blind Hog one seems to come up fairly often and there is another on up right now. They definitely are curiosities... what about the "World of Music" quads? :confused:

Resurrecting an old post, but I've seen a few Romulus Quads on ebay now and then. The Blind Hog one seems to come up fairly often and there is another on up right now. They definitely are curiosities... what about the "World of Music" quads? :confused:
I think we went thrrough this before, but Romulus are mafia bootlegs. And real quadraphonic. Amazing. Some of these are better mixes than came out in mainstream releases. Underground 8 track releases were common in the 70s, sold at truck stops.

Well, if Romulus are "mafia bootlegs", where are the originals?

Well, if Romulus are "mafia bootlegs", where are the originals?

May be a bit confusing, but they are originals. They just were not sold in stores thru normal middlemen. Which made them lots more $. These must have been easy to manufacture, they got involved in a big way. Many quads were redone to 8 tracks from real releases, these pop up from time to time. Along with zillions of redone stereo titles.

Well, I've seen "Sound Values" bootleg Quads.... but they're dubs of already existing releases.

How did Romulus get a hold of Quad tapes that weren't available on any other label?

Why do I get the feeling that it was an "inside job" where someone in the company got hold of a multi-track reel with no planned release for Quad, ships it over to a "buddy" in the mob who mixes it and distributes it?

Back