• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Rush “Permanent Waves” 40th box set (No Surround this time...)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

wheeler98

300 Club - QQ All-Star
From the blog Rushisaband

Just as they've done the last 2 years with their 2112 and A Farewell to Kings 40th anniversary box sets, Rush will also be releasing a Hemispheres 40th anniversary box set this upcoming Holiday season. Ole/Anthem's Andy Curran was recently interviewed for Music Life Magazine and spoke at length about the series of 40th anniversary sets, including plans for a Permanent Waves set in 2020:

peterzach

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
“Rich Chycki also did a great job remastering the album itself in 5.1.”

Interesting.
That caught my eye as well.
I saw the name Andy Curran previously mentioned as being involved in these reissues for Anthem but did not put 2 & 2 together that he was from band Coney Hatch.
I am a bit more optimistic now knowing these reissues are in the hands of another musician and a Rush fan at that.
Hopefully Andy has a understanding and love for 5.1. Guess we will find out soon enough.

Last edited:

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
What I’m wondering is if the multitrack tapes are around for “Permanent Waves” (which would make a 5.1 mix possible) if Steven Wilson is available to remix “Permanent Waves” would he do it or will they stick with Rich?
I hope it’s the former although maybe Rich has turned out a great mix for “Hemispheres”. We will know in two weeks time!

:)

watsy_73

Side track: Steven thinks he’s Bowie? :)
Oh,that's just me being silly.
I have followed him since OTSOL and the early days of The Freak Emporium mail order which was the only outlet for buying obscure music if you lived in a town like mine and it's remarkable how far he has come as an artist. I just think he takes himself a bit too seriously with the 'world domination' bit and comparisons to Roger Waters on BBC breakfast television :)

Ninecats

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Oh,that's just me being silly.
I have followed him since OTSOL and the early days of The Freak Emporium mail order which was the only outlet for buying obscure music if you lived in a town like mine and it's remarkable how far he has come as an artist. I just think he takes himself a bit too seriously with the 'world domination' bit and comparisons to Roger Waters on BBC breakfast television :)
Aha, well I too have followed him quite some time (early 2000) and even though his progression both as a musician, producer, engineer and semi stardom (which I believe he deserves) I still find him to be full of integrity and keeping his ambitious skills. I would go as far saying he’s the ultimate ambassador for the progression of ambitious music! :)

watsy_73

Aha, well I too have followed him quite some time (early 2000) and even though his progression both as a musician, producer, engineer and semi stardom (which I believe he deserves) I still find him to be full of integrity and keeping his ambitious skills. I would go as far saying he’s the ultimate ambassador for the progression of ambitious music! :)
Absolutely.
However who can forget the classic that is Execution of the Will of the Marquis de Sade
and it's Hokey-Cokey middle section :)
We must also mention Boris, one of his early Delirium label mates!

Last edited:
Group builder