Rush "Signals" Dolby Atmos Mix! (Box Set Out in April!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours was shipped from the Rush Backstage site. (As was our Moving Pictures set in Feb. delivered in perfect condition) Physically sent USPS yesterday morning, so we'll see it sometime in July.:sneaky: I just looked through our moving Pictures Box set, played the Blu-ray etc. Love it. We've listened to it several times now from this set since release. With Signals though, the new 5.1 mix in the bluray is presented in Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, and NO DTS-Master Audio as MP had. We prefer the DTS 5.1 MA over the TrueHD 5.1 versions in our room/setup almost every time.. Kind of figured this would begin to happen........ yippee. DTS getting burnt. Glad to have it when it arrives regardless. And as a note: We will never be streaming anything. Two reasons. I have heard that the quality is not even close to physical media, compressed etc, and some of us country people live in areas of very poor/ or very expensive/usable internet. Then the chance of not finding your favorite song or albums that were once on the list, that you have been paying for monthly. It is just my opinion that we need to champion ALL formats. Especially physical discs and the formats from DTS and Dolby. BOTH! OK ...so there!:p Now its nice outside for a change so out we go. Have a great weekend all. Oh and..... you folks that get your Signals copies..please let us waiting know how it goes!🤝

Last edited:
Ours was shipped from the Rush Backstage site. Physically sent USPS yesterday morning, so we'll see it sometime in July.:sneaky: I just looked through our moving Pictures Box set, played the Blu-ray etc. Love it. We've listened to it several times now from this set since release. With Signals though, the new 5.1 mix in the bluray is presented in Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, and NO DTS-Master Audio as MP had. We prefer the DTS 5.1 MA over the TrueHD 5.1 versions in our room/setup. Kind of figured this would begin to happen........ yippee. DTS getting burnt. Glad to have it when it arrives regardless.
Dolby won the contract is my guess. From the Ian Anderson interview from the Dolby theatre apparently Dolby Atmos contracts have rules…we may see a pattern emerge very soon. Bruce Soord is also interviewed as he authored the Dolby Atmos for RokFlote.

Ok...Just about to go, and I noticed Perpendicular! Oh man! Love that name! And made me spill a little coffee too 😅
👌

Dolby won the contract is my guess. From the Ian Anderson interview from the Dolby theatre apparently Dolby Atmos contracts have rules…we may see a pattern emerge very soon. Bruce Soord is also interviewed as he authored the Dolby Atmos for RokFlote.
My copy of Signals is due to arrive May 2nd.

PXL_20230428_222322633~2.jpg

I’m envious of you Amazon buyers who are getting them now. My Amazon order hasn’t shipped, but has shown a delivery date of next Tuesday for some weeks. Not sure why I didn’t get a good old-fashioned Friday delivery.

On the positive side, with the price drop and a gift card, my total for the box came to $28.46.

Back