SACD/DVD-A player for computer?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jclark

Anyone have experience with an internal or external SACD/DVD-A player?
I'm not sure if any DVD player would work given the proper software or if you need a dedicated unit. All the computer gurus I ask give me this vacant look followed by "What's SACD?". My primary interest is to get my SACD & DVD-A discs onto i-tunes, but integrating my computer into my audio system could be next. Thanks.

No SACD drives (yet) for computers. You can only rip the Redbook layer with an internal or external drive.

Kal

jclark said:
Anyone have experience with an internal or external SACD/DVD-A player?
I'm not sure if any DVD player would work given the proper software or if you need a dedicated unit. All the computer gurus I ask give me this vacant look followed by "What's SACD?". My primary interest is to get my SACD & DVD-A discs onto i-tunes, but integrating my computer into my audio system could be next. Thanks.

There is software to play dvd-a. Creative Labs has it and probably more available.

quadtrade said:
There is software to play dvd-a. Creative Labs has it and probably more available.
Cyberlink Powerdvd and Intervideo Windvd. No sacd yet (and probably never).

Back