SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All excellent points but I’d still like to hear a Zep album in surround and judge for myself 🙂
Cheers X0)

And yeah, I guess it would be interesting to hear it...?...and maybe I'd be proven wrong...?...but based on similar stuff I've heard in quad and 5.1, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't really work...?...I'll have to listen to the Pixies stuff again and see if maybe it's just my "Pixies fatigue" that was colouring the experience for me; I seem to remember really enjoying Primus' Sailing the Seas of Cheese in 5.1, so...yeah, maybe Zepplin could work...?

...maybe it's just bias on my part. 🤷‍♂️:rolleyes:

...I've listened to so much Zeppelin I think I wore it out...?...just doesn't hit me the way it used to. :confused:

Now wondering what Rock and Roll would sound like with the piano foregrounded in the mix. ☺️

Last edited:
I'm hoping that we get more artists that are more known across regions. Should I have heard of Suede? I dunno, but I sure haven't. xPropaganda...nope. Never heard of them either. Did I order them both? Of course.

Also, Edgar Allan Poe's Brother....I mean...Shakespear's Sister...never heard of them...but bought it.
Well Propaganda I was familiar with.. barely. I have the A Secret Wish SACD.
Suede and Shakespeare's Sister? Uh -uh.

Reactions: GOS
Seeing as Giles Martin is apparently working through McCartney's solo catalog in Atmos, how about:

Wings - Band On The Run
  • New Giles Martin Dolby Atmos Mixes
  • 2007 Paul Hicks 5.1 mixes of select tracks (from The McCartney Years DVD set)
  • 1974 quadraphonic mix
  • 1973 original stereo mix
  • Bonus tracks & music videos (from the 2010 Archive Collection box set)

I was listening to Coldplay's A Rush Of Blood.... the other day and thought, not only could this album use a good remastering, but I bet it would sound even more stunning in surround sound.
grest sales potential too! 🥳 although i hope if they secured it they didn't limit it to too few copies? 🤔

Do we know when the next release from The SDE Shop is due?
Honestly, I can't keep up. If I recall, Paul (SDE) has some goals for number to release in 2023, but I don't really know how that translates to knowing when he announces the next batch. I know this, several have been mentioned and already put out for pre-order (some sold out) and many have not been shipped yet. So, we have a small bottleneck I think. BUT, I can't remember what those titles are. Dylan is one of them. I know I haven't received that yet. Maybe we're more caught up than I think. Oh yeah, Suede....don't have that one yet.

Last edited:
Honestly, I can't keep up. If I recall, Paul (SDE) has some goals for number to release in 2023, but I don't really know how that translates to knowing when he announces the next batch. I know this, several have been mentioned and already put out for pre-order (some sold out) and many have not been shipped yet. So, we have a small bottleneck I think. BUT, I can't remember what those titles are. Dylan is one of them. I know I haven't received that yet. Maybe we're more caught up than I think. Oh yeah, Suede....don't have that one yet.

Almost forgot, Bee Gees, haven't received that one yet...oops. Did I let that slip?

I kid, I kid! How I wish!!

Besides the Dylan, waiting on TFT The Hurting and Oldfield's Tubular Bells. Not sure if the release dates were pushed back for any of these other than the Dylan. Otherwise scheduled for May. I skipped the Suede. Paul seems to be good about sending advance notice of approx when the next release will be announced.

Love this album. Too many to list really....

Attachments

• 71A4FuLFQVL._SL1300_.jpg
    71A4FuLFQVL._SL1300_.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 0
I've about lost track of my orders...not all from SDE of course. Let's see.
Bob Dylan - SDE
Def Leppard - SDE
Yes - Amazon
Steve Hackett w/Djabe - importCD
The Pineapple Thief - importCD
Tears For Fears - SDE

IDK drawing a blank after that. Could be all.

What would I like to see in surround/Atmos from SDE?
Wishbone Ash - first 4 albums
Fleetwood Mac - Then Play On/Future Games/Bare Trees/Kiln House/Mystery To Me
Savoy Brown - Anything early 70's

Fever Ray - Fever Ray
The Knife - Silent Shout
Maha Sohona - Endless Searcher

...the first How to Destroy Angels EP (I think I already posted this one)

...and anything that'll get me Men At Work's Down Under in at least quad (not live!).

Back