SDE’s Surround Series - Your Fantasy Wishlist

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of these
Johnny Winter - Still alive and well
West Bruce & Laing - Whatever turns you on
Mahavishnu Orchestra - Between nothingness & eternity
Blue Öyster Cult - Tyranny and mutation

The Knife - Silent Shout
Maha Sohona - Endless Searcher

...the first How to Destroy Angels EP (I think I already posted this one)

...and anything that'll get me Men At Work's Down Under in at least quad (not live!).
Fever Ray s/t would be splendid! I often play that album using DPLII, which works quite well for this title. I would buy a dedicated multichannel disc of this in a heartbeat.

Off the top of my head on a Saturday morning.....

Ambrosia - Ambrosia
Ambrosia - Somewhere I've Never Travelled
Brand X - Unorthodox Behaviour
Duncan Browne - The Wild Places
Kayak - Royal Bed Bouncer
Kayak - Starlight Dancer (US track list)
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Solar fire
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Watch
Manfred Mann's Earth Band - Chance
Marscape - Marscape

Ambrosia - Ambrosia
Marscape - Marscape
Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see any MMEB in 5.1, or at least no classic material, since the multitracks burned in the Workhouse fire in the late 80s.

Alan Parsons is reportedly doing 5.1 mixes of those two Ambrosia albums, so those will be released some form, I assume.

News to me, but that's great!
OMG - source? That would make this become true:
APAutograph.jpg

Nice, Nice, very Nice!

what no love for the MMEB "The Good Earth" Tim?

Hey, first time I noticed discogs has an Audio play list section from Apple Music... :LB
Haven't given it enough time I guess; Angel Station doesn't move the needle as much as those I listed.

1. Whatever material you choose for inclusion in your fantasy SDE Blu-Ray release - surround or stereo - must already be available to the public in some form, be it streaming or an out-of-print physical edition. Please do not include rumored/unreleased material, ones that haven't come out yet (like Who's Next), or albums you wish existed in surround but currently do not (there is another thread for that)
uhhh.... ok. But haven't the SDE releases all been NEW surround mixes? (I guess TYA had both a new and old quad...)

Seems unlikely they'd be bothering with already existing mixes. :unsure:

But haven't the SDE releases all been NEW surround mixes?
I don't believe any of these new Atmos mixes were created specifically for the SDE discs, more likely they were coming to the streaming services anyway and happened to be licensed by SDE. Perhaps a better title for the thread would have been "which streaming-only Atmos mixes do you want to see as SDE Blu-Rays?"

Do what you want though, people have been ignoring the guidelines anyway :LOL:

I don't believe any of these new Atmos mixes were created specifically for the SDE discs, more likely they were coming to the streaming services anyway and happened to be licensed by SDE. Perhaps a better title for the thread would have been "which streaming-only Atmos mixes do you want to see as SDE Blu-Rays?"

Do what you want though, people have been ignoring the guidelines anyway :LOL:
That does seem to be the case. Perhaps with a bit of a boost from artists who want to see a physical release of them but their proper label isn't interested. (just speculating there).

In any case, the SDE releases thus far have been so varied and unpredictable that I wouldn't know where to begin in imagining what could/should be down the road!

Haven't given it enough time I guess; Angel Station doesn't move the needle as much as those I listed.
I certainly prefer Angel Station and The Roaring Silence to Chance, which I always found patchy. (Why "A Fool I Am" didn't make the album is beyond me; much better than some of the tracks that did.)
News to me, but that's great!
Nice, Nice, very Nice!
Source is this Italian fan site, which in turns refers to an interview from 2021. I could ask Francesco what interview specifically it was, we've been in contact for another reason (watch... well, maybe not this space, but another one :censored:)
http://www.theparsonsday.altervista.org/workinprogress.html

Interesting, anyone got another Earth title to contribute? :p
Sure!

I'd probably be in for Jefferson Starship's "Earth". Probably no one's first JS choice, but no more off the wall than anything else we've seen yet from SDE. :p

Or how about "Get Ready" from Rare Earth?

Or one of my dream releases that I doubt we'd ever see (but who knows these days) Earth, Wind & Fire's "All n All"?

Ambrosia - Ambrosia
Marscape - Marscape
Solar Fire!! 🔥🔥🔥:rocks

Back