So, how much have you spent on surround music this year (2023)..so far..?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djstephan

300 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
With all of these great new releases (still) coming out , I figured I'd tabulate what I spent on surround shiny discs this year.

My total is approximately 2000 euro, around $2200, and I'm including the new Quadio batch which is due this Friday. And for the record, I did not splurge for the Who/Who's next box set..:)

I'm not complaining , I'm VERY appreciative for all these releases , I just wanted to tally up out of curiosity what I spent this year.

So, how much did you spend?

For reference I went down the 2023 New Releases list that Haikubass compiles.

...Mods i could not find an appropriate place for the thread please feel free to move it.

With all of these great new releases (still) coming out , I figured I'd tabulate what I spent on surround shiny discs this year.

My total is approximately 2000 euro, around $2200, and I'm including the new Quadio batch which is due this Friday. And for the record, I did not splurge for the Who/Who's next box set..:)

I'm not complaining , I'm VERY appreciative for all these releases , I just wanted to tally up out of curiosity what I spent this year.

So, how much did you spend?

For reference I went down the 2023 New Releases list that Haikubass compiles.

...Mods i could not find an appropriate place for the thread please feel free to move it.

Gave your original post a :ROFLMAO: because if I added it all up, I'd probably :eek:. LOL

I dont even want to know what my spend is. Its bad. Real bad. And now DuttonV figured out how to get into my wallet. Crickey
<putting head back in to hole in sand>
I understand, that’s kinda what made me think about starting this thread , it seemed like a week didn’t go by without reaching out for my credit card .. money well spent , of course ..!

No idea! If I had to keep track I'm sure that I would try to restrain myself a bit!

This year has seen an awful lot of surround releases. I'm excited about the latest from Sony Japan the Quadios the DV releases and the SDE releases. Not to mention that I've purchased a lot of vinyl, all quad formats in the past year!

No idea! If I had to keep track I'm sure that I would try to restrain myself a bit!

This year has seen an awful lot of surround releases. I'm excited about the latest from Sony Japan the Quadios the DV releases and the SDE releases. Not to mention that I've purchased a lot of vinyl, all quad formats in the past year!
that's the Spirit! 💪🤩👍
it's been a bumper year so far and it's not over yet... 👀

Let's see a couple SDEs the Quadio 1 bundle a few standalone releases and a couple ebay deals for older releases, probably around $450-$500 so far this year. However there is also about $150-$200 worth of albums I have resold for other releases so lets just say $300. That's not so bad.

Not more than 100 USD. I didn't jump on any of the new releases this year, as I've been listening less than usual. I actually only bought a couple OOP titles! :ROFLMAO:
Yes Sir, I'm pretty much in your category as well. Although I have an exception, I'm not a collector or completist. My buying decisions in the past has been: am I still going to enjoy listening to this ten years later? Now at my age I've shortened that to five years.

I have the Prince Diamonds and Pearls on order. And recently purchase ABC Lexicon. But there's just such a huge amount a content in stereo that a strong interest of mine is stereo to surround. I've done upmixing on the PC & the Surround Master does a great casual job with stereo. Then again a little bit of pre-synth on the PC really livens music up for the SM.

Last edited:
2 Rhino Quadio (Paranoid, J. Geils) [DTS core]
1 SDE Atmos (ABC) [DD 5.1 downmix of the Atmos mix]
1 Rhino Quadio (Spinners) {buy this weekend}
3 DV quad (Hugo Montenegro, Chase) [will use Dolby Pro-Logic, my Sony SACD player will downmix MCH-DSD to Dolby Surround]

rough estimate - a little under $200 (during the quad era of the 1970s, I didn't buy many quad LPs either)

Kirk Bayne

Back