So, how much have you spent on surround music this year (2023)..so far..?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRANSCEND MEDIA SERVICE » My Name Is ARMFIN. I Am the God of Total Power

I have no idea what I've spent so far this year but the boxes and bins are overflowing with digital media not to mention my addiction to 4K video upgrades!

And with the uptick in International S/H charges .... I've certainly kept the worldwide postal services hummin' with business ... as well!

With all of these great new releases (still) coming out , I figured I'd tabulate what I spent on surround shiny discs this year.

My total is approximately 2000 euro, around $2200, and I'm including the new Quadio batch which is due this Friday. And for the record, I did not splurge for the Who/Who's next box set..:)
I added up my orders and came out at about half the above.

I most definitely did splurge on the Who's Next / Life House box, which was about a quarter of the year's expenditure, without any apology or regrets.

Eternally grateful for the link for Space Ritual 50th at Amazon.de for under $50, which helps balance out the above.

Until today, I had bought nothing from Dutton, but they got in under the wire for a pair of titles.

Spread my custom around this year.
  • Only two titles from SDE, the 50-year-old stuff: Ten Years After & Tubular Bells.
  • Overnite Sensation 50th direct from Zappa.com.
  • Four quads from cdjapan, the two latest 2023 releases & two back catalog. (Still hoping for Welcome 50th before year's end)
  • Lark's Tongues Atmos from Discipline Global Mobile, as I've achieved Frequent Flyer status there.
  • Rhino Quadio Bundle, with B$B re-homed unopened. I can wait for the October Friday the 13th batch until next year, after the June shipping debacle.
  • importcds for Who's Next box, Hawkwind Days of the Underground & Broadsword
  • Amazon got way less of my business this year. Big score was the Let It Be box for $30. Third party sellers beat the Prime pricing for Big Express. DSOTM & Rick Wright pending delivery. Joe Cocker - Leon Russell Mad Dogs & Englishmen 5.1 was the lone surround concert DVD from them this year.
  • Snarky Puppy Empire Central Live Atmos blu ray direct from the band's site
2023 was a good year for 50th anniversaries, as I enter my eighth decade on the planet this year.
I give thanks every day for this forum and the generous folks here who share knowledge and discount tips.
:51QQ

With all of these great new releases (still) coming out , I figured I'd tabulate what I spent on surround shiny discs this year.

My total is approximately 2000 euro, around $2200, and I'm including the new Quadio batch which is due this Friday. And for the record, I did not splurge for the Who/Who's next box set..:)

I'm not complaining , I'm VERY appreciative for all these releases , I just wanted to tally up out of curiosity what I spent this year.

So, how much did you spend?

For reference I went down the 2023 New Releases list that Haikubass compiles.

...Mods i could not find an appropriate place for the thread please feel free to move it.
I do NOT want to figure that out…or maybe I should say that I am AFRAID to figure that out 😱

how much? 🤔 too much - but it's never enough!! 😅 there's always some new goodies on the shopping list!! 🤑

for my money this hobby is still the most fun you can have with your clothes on 🥰🤣😊
You listen with your clothes on? I read on an audiophile forum that curtains and other soft materials can absorb highs slightly more than lows, so unless you EQ based on your wardrobe, you are not getting a flat frequency response. Apparently red trousers are the worst. So ever since then I have been listening naked. At the very least, you should try rolling one trouser leg up.

Oh my. All I know is that it was more than I intended, less than I wanted to.
Post hurricane Idalia it will be even less. :(
But the payment snafu with importCD on the The Who boxset actually helped me out a little.
With the upcoming Quadio bunch I'm probably going to have to pick and choose vs buying all of them this go around. We'll wait and see what slips out of the wallet. ;)

It seems like every month, I figure I’ve got $100 or so to drop on media. Somehow the bill always is at least double that.

I try to restrain myself when the “to be listened to” pile gets unstable.

All i know is that I bought every surround album released this year minus the Dark Side box. For that i ordered the stand alone. Besides that I've ordered all of them whether it's single discs, box sets, the Quadio series. Dutton Vocalion, the SDE series, Quads from Japan, etc...not to mention plenty of hi res stereo releases. Now if I only could retire to thoroughly enjoy them all!!!

All i know is that I bought every surround album released this year minus the Dark Side box. For that i ordered the stand alone. Besides that I've ordered all of them whether it's single discs, box sets, the Quadio series. Dutton Vocalion, the SDE series, Quads from Japan, etc...not to mention plenty of hi res stereo releases. Now if I only could retire to thoroughly enjoy them all!!!
Retire? Probably not going to happen.........If I want to keep spending I have to keep working! :)

Back