Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check this out Kap!!

image.jpg

Yes, I don't own many new (this century) MFSLs but I found this one cheap and do like it better than the old Capitol album. Today I listened to an old 70s band called Crackin'. Not bad, kind of EWF-ish.

Reactions: GOS
Awesome!! Hope the rumble has subsided!!!
My best friend, who is currently remodeling our whole upstairs, brought over his 1200 MK2. Good God...what a monster it is. And yes, it fully blows my Project clean off the map. Ugh......So, now I know. I literally had my Denon turned up as loud as it will go and it sounded awesome. Though, I wish I could easily put my Ortofon 30 on this without a fuss...just to try. He has a Grado, and it's not near as high quality as my O30.

20210102_095224.jpg

Screenshot_20210102-095154_Google.jpg

This is my favourite gift from Santa this year. I cannot recommend it highly enough! Socially conscious songs from the older generation of artists (Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong and The Everly Bros are highlights) during the civil rights movement. Compiled by Bob Stanley & Peter Wiggs, who have several other interesting compilations, including Tears Of Technology (early synth pop) and English Weather (melancholic British singer/songwriter music). Happy new year!

that is a VERY DANGEROU$$$$ CONCLU$$$ION!!!!!
I know cause I am HOOKED on Japanese pressings!!!
I often find them to be better, but not always. I had a funny experience with Supertramp - Breakfast in America. I had some non-descript US pressing for ages but it was a bit lacking in detail. I found a Japanese copy of that which I liked (lots of detail) but lacked bass a bit, so I kept looking. Next I went to the Canadian audiophile pressing which had the warm bass but was veiled on the top end. I bought a collection off of a guy and it had a US pressing with a trumpet etched into it. I've since discovered that this was a fairly common pressing. I like it better than any and all of the "Audiophile" versions I had already purchased. It was the best of both worlds between the Japan and the Canada. Shimmering top end and warm bass. I keep all three to show friends how much different pressings can vary.

I often find them to be better, but not always. I had a funny experience with Supertramp - Breakfast in America. I had some non-descript US pressing for ages but it was a bit lacking in detail. I found a Japanese copy of that which I liked (lots of detail) but lacked bass a bit, so I kept looking. Next I went to the Canadian audiophile pressing which had the warm bass but was veiled on the top end. I bought a collection off of a guy and it had a US pressing with a trumpet etched into it. I've since discovered that this was a fairly common pressing. I like it better than any and all of the "Audiophile" versions I had already purchased. It was the best of both worlds between the Japan and the Canada. Shimmering top end and warm bass. I keep all three to show friends how much different pressings can vary.
Great story!
Of course there are always gonna be great pressings everywhere, but overall the japanese pressings are great sounding, albeit with weak bass (to avoid the needle jumping), the vinyl and sleeve quality is deffo the best in the planet!!!!

Great story!
Of course there are always gonna be great pressings everywhere, but overall the japanese pressings are great sounding, albeit with weak bass (to avoid the needle jumping), the vinyl and sleeve quality is deffo the best in the planet!!!!
I'd always heard that the Japanese master with less bass because it is mostly apartments over there and good bass makes for bad neighbors. Japanese vinyl is great, but I actually think that the Germans make the very best records.

The 1997 DCC release Hoffman mastered, all vacuum tube cutting system, virgin vinyl, super nice , vocals really shine on this, with a little 12 year old 🥃

View attachment 61093
I got all of those. Got on the subscription list and they sent them to me... the whole Classic reissue. I thing there's another Elvis one in the pile, or may be that other shelf....

Awesome recordings, awesome singing.

Back