Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neneh Cherry through the SM v.2 is straight up Raw Like Sushi
1677952503363.png
Neneh Cherry - Raw Like Sushi

wow $40 for the LP and an optional $8.00 to ultrasonically clean it????
How about buying an optical disc version for that kind of money? just sayin
https://www.amazon.com/Strauss-Also...eywords=fritz+reiner+cd&qid=1678039380&sr=8-5three channel SACD for $12
Got it used from "a little old lady" who played it once . . . on a Sunday! I try not to purchase any of Mike's Picks from his store. I mostly use the list to guide my purchases. When i buy them new on ebay or discogs, they are less than his list price. I think this one set me back $15. It was NOT ultrasonically cleaned, but i believe it was only played once: sounds perfect!

Last edited:
Hey @Clement
No Pussyfooting. Get the double CD edition if it's still in print. They really do have a backwards version as well as half speed versions you need it all.
When the tape was sent out to radio stations they had it wound the wrong way and they played the pieces backwards. Nobody knew it was wrong

Those 3 channel SACD classical discs are worth collecting if you like the 50s classical performances. You can use your blue eyed monster to generate rear channels and now you have a 5.0 version.

Hey @Clement
No Pussyfooting. Get the double CD edition if it's still in print. They really do have a backwards version as well as half speed versions you need it all.
When the tape was sent out to radio stations they had it wound the wrong way and they played the pieces backwards. Nobody knew it was wrong

Those 3 channel SACD classical discs are worth collecting if you like the 50s classical performances. You can use your blue eyed monster to generate rear channels and now you have a 5.0 version.
Yes! I have the double CD! Got it on sale from the Schizoid Shop! Both discs sound awesome. Ha – my inner materialism monster is already searching for those Living Stereo SACDs that @gene_stl referenced! You certainly have me pegged. Ima need a bigger shopping cart! :cry:

Last edited:
Of course my post was meant mainly rhetorically. :rolleyes: I didn't really think @Clement had bought that for $40.

You can get surprisingly good deals on SACD and other multichannel goodies if you schop carefully on hold on to your wallet a bit tightly. then something you want appears and it goes out the window!! and , and.............................

Of course my post was meant mainly rhetorically. :rolleyes: I didn't really think @Clement had bought that for $40.

You can get surprisingly good deals on SACD and other multichannel goodies if you schop carefully on hold on to your wallet a bit tightly. then something you want appears and it goes out the window!! and , and.............................
Well, i am the guy who paid $105 for a sealed copy of The O'Jays Ship Ahoy SACD, so i wouldn't put it past me! I do try to stick with the Life in Surround patented seek and ye shall find method generally! Plus, i tend to spend lots of money when i'm feeling down, thinking it will make me feel better. Evidently, all it will get me is a one-way ticket out the house with a shopping cart full of media! Time will tell! Peace

Back