Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2C3B8621-5B71-49BE-8B42-4E356E3EBCB2.jpeg

My Surround Master v2 separates the pianos nicely into the four channels. Amazing!

Alan Parsons Project -
Nothing Left to Lose - Chris Rainbow Vocal Overdub Compilation (Bonus Track)

I don’t believe this is new and exclusive to the box set but it was the first time I’d heard it.

On a side note, I believe the only new material in the box set is the 5.1 remix, which is a little depressing, frankly.

Wow this sounded amazing through the SMV1. I got major chills, Chris Rainbow had such a soothing voice. His harmonies just surround you here from all over. Beautiful.

Now this one really surprised me. Everyone is talking Atmos, but don't overlook this new stereo remix as it is primo material for the Surround Master:

beatles.jpg

There are some songs that I would swear were Involve encoded with impressive separation; and the SM produces a very satisfying sound field on most songs. A couple of songs that disappoint are Taxman and Got To Get You Into My Life. But the Atmos mixes for those tracks are lame as well.

[EDIT: And this is no April Fools joke]

Last edited:
Now this one really surprised me. Everyone is talking Atmos, but don't overlook this new stereo remix as it is primo material for the Surround Master:

View attachment 90141

There are some songs that I would swear were Involve encoded with impressive separation; and the SM produces a very satisfying sound field on most songs. A couple of songs that disappoint are Taxman and Got To Get You Into My Life. But the Atmos mixes for those tracks are lame as well.

[EDIT: And this is no April Fools joke]
Yes. Agreed. I've been meaning to post about this. Eleanor Rigby has strings at the back. TNK has the monk chant/seagulls/ circling a bit. Others have a very good spread (and very good sound) too.

Back