Stuff that sounds amazing with the Surround Master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wOw! This is absolutely otherworldly through the SM v.2!
Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 10.35.13 PM.png
https://www.discogs.com/release/26016160-AIR-French-Band-Moon-Safari

I recently played a Robert Wyatt solo CD, which reminded me of my favo(u)rite Soft Machine LP, which reminded me i never played it through the SM v.2!View attachment 93730 Soft Machine - Third
Apart from knowing their name I know nothing about Soft Machine, but their name popped up in my inbox yesterday as they are playing a gig in a venue I follow near Cardiff next year. This place is a tiny, intimate ex church with difficult views of the performance area.
soft2.jpg

Last edited:
Apart from knowing their name I know nothing about Soft Machine, but their name popped up in my inbox yesterday as they are playing a gig in a venue I follow near Cardiff next year. This place is a tiny, intimate ex church with difficult views of the performance area.

Soft Machine just released a new album, which leans back to their earlier years IMO. Check it out and purchase via BandCamp. - the digital file is 44.1k/24-bit if you download the lossless codec.

Oh, my SWEET SURROUND! My daughter was about two months old when this album was released. I danced her around the back room a LOT to this album. Just occurred to me to play it through the SM v.2--SO GLAD i did! Sounds simply stellar! The windows in the Quad Room are shaking in their sashes!
Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 5.49.15 PM.png
Prince - Emancipation Album Reviews, Songs & More | AllMusic

MAD LOVE to @~dave~~wave~ for mentioning that this album turned 50 this week. I played the hell out of this in high school (it's my favorite Mott the Hoople release). Luckily, i put the whole album on a cassette, so my vinyl is still minty fresh! It KICKS ASPECT through the SM v.2 . . . All The Way From Memphis!
Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 7.55.20 PM.png
Mott The Hoople - Mott

One of my all-time favorite albums. Absolutely perfect. Cleaned my 50th anniversary Tigers Eye vinyl today. Through the SM v.2, it sounds just glorious: Al's multitracked vocals, Willie Mitchell's lush production, those Memphis Horns–all coming from each of the corners of my Quad Room, enveloping me in the magic. It's so wonderful ". . . I Could Cry." Could? "Here I Am"! "Funny How Time Slips Away." I wish you all were here to experience this with me: "You Ought To Be With Me." "Jesus Is Waiting," indeed! Superior experience! Thanks SO MUCH @chucky3042 for this blue light special box! Stay Surrounded, Comrades!
Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 8.34.14 PM.png
Al Green - Call Me

Well, We may never be able to get a Wilson multichannel mix of this one, but with the ol' SM v.2, it's not a problem! KILLER!
View attachment 94192 XTC - Mummer
I pray they find those multitracks, I yearn for a SW 5.1 mix of one of my favourite XTC tracks, “Love on a Farmboy’s Wages”. Imagine the sonic possibilities for that song 😍

Last edited:
Back