Stupid Dream 5.1 not MLP - Same issue as with Deadwing

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is good news and I will look for this one, although with only two or three new DVD-A releases each month, it won't be hard to hear about it once it is released. I did just receive "In Absentia" and it is a very nice mix and good album as well. Not quite the masterwork its reputation here would indicate but for music I knew nothing about, it is very good.

Chris

Chris, I believe it will only be available from the band's webstore.

IMO, the material on Stupid Dream may lend itself better to a surround mix.
Also, it does not lean to the harder rock sound of the last two albums.

I just hope and pray that Steve Wilson gets around to Lightbulb Sun sometime soon! Now that is my favorite PT album by far!

splinter7 said:
I just hope and pray that Steve Wilson gets around to Lightbulb Sun sometime soon!
It was promised on Steven Wilson Headquarters: "A reissue of Lightbulb Sun in 5.1 and stereo is also planned. As with the Stupid Dream reissue this will include 5.1 mixes of other material from the same sessions."

But when? On the same site it was listed as planned for 2006. (and a new PT album in 2007). :banana:
(although that section ended with: "don't hold your breath!")

Anyone heard of any developments regarding a release date yet ??

The tension is unbearable :eek:)

~M~

Manmc said:
Anyone heard of any developments regarding a release date yet ??
I guess you're talking about Lightbulb Sun, but the question won't be answered before a long time, since the Stupid Dream DVD-A is just finished and Steven Wilson is an incredibly busy musician and producer.

About Stupid Dream, I thought you all saw this on the band's website but just in case... (from March 26th):

In the meantime the revamped reissue of PT's Stupid Dream is finally in production, and expected to be available within the next few weeks. The double disc (one CD and one surround sound DVDA) will be available to pre-order from the PT store shortly.

Thanks for that.Must reduce my medication :) I've been cruising the site regularly and still managed to miss that.If they'd just let me preorder it I'd probably beable to relax a bit more ....

~M~

Stupid Dream is definitely, 100% certainly guarranteed to be in MLP.
There will also be a DVD-V component to it with the whole thing in DTS.
Additionally, there will be a stereo version of just the album - not the 2 bonus tracks - in 24/48 stereo.

Patience - it is on the way!

Absolute Joy! Just pre-ordered the Stupid Dream DVDA/CD at Burning Shed. I've been waiting so long for this moment. :banana:

timbre4 said:
Absolute Joy! Just pre-ordered the Stupid Dream DVDA/CD at Burning Shed. I've been waiting so long for this moment. :banana:

Just placed my order as well great stuff.

Now when is that Bass Communication DVD going to appear on pre order ?

ALELLUIA ! ALELLUIA!ALELLUIA!

:banana: :banana:

Back