Tears for Fears-Songs From The Big Chair - HiRez 5.1!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I now need to order the BDA from either Burning Shed or Amazon.co.uk
Depending on the price and shipping rates it might be just as much (or less) than the current US price.

Looks like I now need to order the BDA from either Burning Shed or Amazon.co.uk
Depending on the price and shipping rates it might be just as much (or less) than the current US price.

I just compared the cost of Burning Shed(29.00) to importCD's($26.42) for a US delivery....only a couple of bucks...I'd switch in a heartbeat if I'm sure I'd get it sooner from burning shed...what do you think?....they are still showing Nov 10th as a street date on importCD's...

I went with Burning Shed. Their service shipping the Starless set and Relayer Blu-Ray were absolutely excellent!

(BTW ended up canceling my BS&T SACD preorder for now since TFF and the Endless River are arriving this week. Enough money spent and enough things to listen to.) :)

I think I will wait until Monday to see if the release date has been pushed back for the US...other than amazon no other source I deal with is showing a delay in the release and they have been known to screw these things up...it could be just a distribution problem with amazon....DuncanS has already received a notice that his copy has shipped from BS...most releases I can wait it out but this one is special for me...

my orders from burning shed always arrive pretty quickly, so i am going to cancel my amazon order and place an order with burning shed

After closer examination of my order with importCDs I noticed it contained a "backordered" symbol in the transaction codes even though they haven't changed the street date on the website.....I ordered from Burning Shed....

I got an email from Amazon. It should arrive on Tuesday

From Tapatalk

If they would have included a Blu-ray with the box instead of the DVD, I would have purchased that one instead of the stand alone, all by my lonesome, BD.

Same here.. but they didn't, so I'm getting it both ways (as the actress said to the stagehand!) :p just curious which is going to make it out into the wild first, box or BD.!? Smart money's on the box! ;)

Yes, it was a really good deal at BS. At one point, the day before they shipped out the BD to me, I almost emailed them to change it to the box but I have this thing about an inferior product. Same thing with all the Paul McCartney sets. I did have Venus & Mars and At The Speed Of Sound on pre-order but cancelled them two days before the release date and just ended up with the Hi-Res versions. Just think of how many more PM sets they would sell if they'd release them on a Blu-ray disc too. I guess they feel that almost everything is a download nowadays. So, why even bother with the newer BD technology and surround sound. :rolleyes:

Plus, it all is being Pirated anyway, so why bother with the extra effort?!

Same here.. but they didn't, so I'm getting it both ways (as the actress said to the stagehand!) :p just curious which is going to make it out into the wild first, box or BD.!? Smart money's on the box! ;)

Got my box set shipping notice today and I know Paul from SDE already has his.

I will more than likely grab the Blu Ray soon (and will probably succumb and get The Hurting just for completenesses sake), but felt less compelled to buy it as the DVD-A contains the same stuff. As an OCD fan and wanting to show support for the worthwhile HFPA releases, I'll get this in the coming weeks.

To be honest, the BD in the box would've made more sense, but I'm guessing the lure of double purchases and the likelihood that the vast majority of TFF fans will be more likely to have DVD players than Blu Ray (if reports of Blu Ray's consistently poor uptake are to be believed), steered them towards this choice, although it appears Universal took some persuading to put a DVD-A in the box at all.

Anyway, I don't normally wish away a precious weekend, but Monday cannot come soon enough. This, along with the new Foo Fighters vinyl, will mean very little work will be done on that day. The benefit of working from home ;)

I got shipping notice that my Deluxe boxset is on the way from amazon.uk, bittersweet as glad is its on its way but now have to wait 1-2 weeks for it to showup.
I am glad there's a dvda in the box as it will get more airplay than a bluray due to car and home choice.
Very curious to check out the rest of the box as well due to Paul Sinclair's involvement

To be honest, the BD in the box would've made more sense

Only to those who have invested in BD - DVD-A/V is the more common denominator and the resolution is said to be the same as the BD for this release.

Back