The Doors catalog available now in Dolby Atmos!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatsmyname4

Today on The Doors official Instagram page they posted: "Bruce & @johndensmore needed a helper with mixing the Doors catalog in Dolby Atmos! More news to come." Bruce being Bruce Botnick (the helper being a statue of Robby the Robot).

I didn't see this mentioned in a thread yet, so please delete it if I missed one in my search. :)

Last edited:
I'll add that I'm psyched to read this news, being a big Doors fan. I already have the Perception box, but I would probably double dip for a physical release if mixed in Atmos. I'm hoping the catalog ends up on Apple Music in Atmos since I noticed they had "Riders in the Storm" in an official Apple Atmos Rock playlist. I guess we'll see.

Personally, I am sick of various releases dribbling out partial coverage in various formats and then the big announcement, "The ENTIRE catalog to be released on XXX in July!". Talk about a scam.

Doug

I bought the Oliver Stone ''Doors" movie on iTunes years ago. Haven't watched it since. I clicked on it in my library via Apple Tv 4K yesterday and low and behold it played back in Dolby Atmos. They must upgrade our library purchases? It sounded great btw

I bought the Oliver Stone ''Doors" movie on iTunes years ago. Haven't watched it since. I clicked on it in my library via Apple Tv 4K yesterday and low and behold it played back in Dolby Atmos. They must upgrade our library purchases? It sounded great btw

Yes- if you purchase or redeem an HD movie through itunes, they will automatically upgrade the movie to the highest quality available. A nice feature. Doesn't work for SD movies.

I have some BD's I bought that I'll never watch because I can watch the movie in 4K with HDR on appletv.

Yes- if you purchase or redeem an HD movie through itunes, they will automatically upgrade the movie to the highest quality available. A nice feature. Doesn't work for SD movies.

I have some BD's I bought that I'll never watch because I can watch the movie in 4K with HDR on appletv.
In my experience, a physical BD still looks better than 4k streaming. Much higher data rate. YMMV.

In my experience, a physical BD still looks better than 4k streaming. Much higher data rate. YMMV.

I have the 4k of the doors Oliver Stone movie in atmos on physical disc and it's fantastic, even better than the streaming on amazon due to the better bitrate

https://www.amazon.com/Doors-Blu-ray-Oliver-Stone/dp/B07S28VD2Z
1644772477622.png

My experience is different. The benefits of hdr and esp wide color gamut outweigh compression artifacts, which I notice infrequently and are rarely significant. Especially on the higher bitrate services like appletv and movies anywhere.

Back