The Green EMI UK DSOTM Q8

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
It didn't sell (reserve not met - at least this time)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4829355246

But what do you guys think is the origin of this tape??

It's sealed, but there's no sleeve. It sure looks legit. It's one of those "Capitol" green shells (like the samplers and the early Lennon).

Could it be Canadian? Don't think so. How did it get in a green shell???

Very interesting! :mad:@:

Attachments

• green 2.jpg
    green 2.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 180
  • green1.jpg
    green1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 179
  • green3.jpg
    green3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 173
Perhaps what we have here is an item from an estate sale of a former EMI employee with access to Capitol/EMI issued shells and overstock PF labels. I had an aunt who worked 20 years at the RCA tape facility in Indianapolis. Her personal tape collection contained several ....ahem... 'non-commercially released custom recordings'.
If another UK PF tape comes from this seller, I think that could be even stronger evidence of 'insider' involvement. :eek: :eek:

This one didn't suprised me because i have seen another EMI UK cart in green shell, the sampler "This is quadraphonic sound".
Actually this one is on black, white and green shells.

BTW, 385US$ for this as a maximum... and someone says that the Q8 marked hasn' tanked badly????

Looks like it's been relisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sPageName=MERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

$600 starting bid, buy it now price of $750.

You know, this is probably my favorite Quad album, but man, I just couldn't justify dropping that much money on it. Certainly not when an SQ copy of the LP can be had for less then $30! Heh heh heh...

EDIT: There is a plus though! At least the shipping is free!

Last edited:
Back