The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must admit I was rooting for the Dolphins. Not that it made any difference. But I was hoping Tyreek Hill would have a chance to shine. And really, I don't want the Chiefs to meet up with the Bills at a later date. Take that as a compliment...

1) Giants over Minnesota.
Best reason for an upset: Minnesota has been getting away with murder all season long.
Best reason against an upset: Minnesota has been getting away with murder all season long.

@cbmmm3 We both picked the Jags and the Giants in minor upsets. I am not surprised that the Vikings lost because they had won far more than their share of nail biters. I thought that both teams played very well, it's just that things didn't go the Vikes' way this time.

I wasn't rooting for the Dolphins because the only way they could win that game was via Bills screw ups...and there were plenty of those. Then the Dolphins would go into K.C. and get destroyed by the Chiefs in a lousy game.

Giants vs. Eagles should be a good game because of the division rivalry thing again.

Last edited:
Ravens vs Bengals…another nail biter! What a break the Bengals got with the Huntley fumble going right into that linebacker‘s mits. And then that Hail Mary at the end!

There were lots of errors committed by the favored teams. So you’ve got to hand it to the Chiefs and Eagles as both played error-free football this weekend. :D

Id love to see Grandpa Tom win tonite but -
1. I think a Niners - Dallas game would be more competitive. I hate Dallas btw
2. Old guy Tom staying up past his bedtime does not bode well for TBay
3. Home game for Dallas. Did I tell you I hate Dallas ?

Did I tell you I hate Dallas ?
Yes you did, but please tell us again. It’s un-American not to hate them Cowboys. Bills fans Especially hate them Cowboys. I hope the Bucs embarrass them Cowboys even if they get destroyed next weekend by the Niners.

Did I tell you I hate them Cowboys?

Last edited:
What a break the Bengals got with the Huntley fumble going right into that linebacker‘s mits
That was the biggest gift of the entire weekend. The way the Bengals where playing had the Ravens gone in that would have been it for the Bengals.

Regarding SF, who do I want to win tonight, it's a tough one as a Niner fan.
1. You can't beat the very classic "Rivalry of Two Cities" San Francisco and Dallas, always a nail biter.
2. Beating the Buc's too easy, but how great would it be to take down Brady in his final game.

I am just going to take what we get, of course.

That was the biggest gift of the entire weekend. The way the Bengals where playing had the Ravens gone in that would have been it for the Bengals.

"If we had Lamar, we would have won, too,” J.K. Dobbins (Ravens' running back) said. Unfortunately for the Ravens, Lamar had other plans...

(So @GOS how is your boy Lamar? I remember that he had a health scare last year...a broken tail if I recall.)

1673884329470.png

1. You can't beat the very classic "Rivalry of Two Cities" San Francisco and Dallas, always a nail biter.
I guess I am a lot older than I think I am.
They just talked on TV about the 90's rivalry of SF and Dallas, ending with, "most players on both teams now where not even born yet",
Ah geez!

Upset Prediction number 2 comes through. Good Riddance Vikings
You almost had an unofficial 3rd upset. You called it... "the Bengals had to be careful". I was so proud of the Ravens for playing tough right to the end.
I don't know if Lamar playing would have made a difference. Perhaps if he came back 3 weeks ago but you can't go from sitting on the sidelines with no practice, to playing in an NFL playoff game and expect to succeed. Lot's of questions surrounding Lamar now and no one is certain what team he will be playing for next year. Much of what has been said off the field doesn't add up.

You almost had an unofficial 3rd upset. You called it... "the Bengals had to be careful". I was so proud of the Ravens for playing tough right to the end.
I don't know if Lamar playing would have made a difference. Perhaps if he came back 3 weeks ago but you can't go from sitting on the sidelines with no practice, to playing in an NFL playoff game and expect to succeed. Lot's of questions surrounding Lamar now and no one is certain what team he will be playing for next year. Much of what has been said off the field doesn't add up.

yup. something is amiss with Lamar all of a sudden. Reminds me of Cool Hand Luke

"You got your mind right Luke ? "

That fumble. That gut wrenching season ending fumble. Ugh. I like Cincy but wanted to see the underdog Ravens win this one

Yes Bill, the Ravens were right in it till the end. Huntley played really well. I'd seen a game a few wks. back & he looked 'limited'. Not yesterday! On that fumble, Maybe he should have not extended the ball out at the goal line. If you watch the play as it continued, the whole pile got pushed in the endzone. (also on the fumble return, Andrews almost caught up to that guy. I'm wondering if Cinny would have even been able to score after that?)
On the Hail Mary last play, Huntley got off a great pass, wow! That should have been caught!
I had no skin in the game as far as who I liked (..though I did pick Bengals to win in the football contest I'm in) but as the game went on, I began rooting for Ravens! Harbaugh is an excellent coach. I put him in the top 5-6 HCs in the nfl.
Bringing back a rusty Lamar Jackson for the game probably wouldn't have worked.
A healthy Lamar?...Ravens may very well have won the game. But Cinny is also a great team & played tough.
I thought this was the best game of the weekend.
....and though it's only a game, if I was a Ravens fan I'd be disappointed but proud of the great effort they gave.

Last edited:
Yes you did, but please tell us again. It’s un-American not to hate them Cowboys. Bills fans Especially hate them Cowboys. I hope the Bucs embarrass them Cowboys even if they get destroyed next weekend by the Niners.

Did I tell you I hate them Cowboys?

View attachment 87459
I used to like the Cowboys, now I like to see them lose. Weird.

Back