The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking at my crystal ball......

its showing no upset specials

BUT - warning light is blinking on the KC game. Be careful KC. You are playing a team that has nothing to lose. They will play loose.
Hopefully loose enough to make as many turnovers as their last game ? They make same mistakes ? No chance for the Jags

And Buffalo ? Time to get back into high gear results mode or you will be upset. And Ill be upset also. You're Detroit's
adopted Superbowl team this year !!

San Fran - you better kick some ass . And you will. I hate Dallas. I ever tell you this ?

Giants are jelling. Playing good. But not good enough. This one will be smash mouth. Close. But Eagles win

The last Saturday night of football until September boys ( and girls ) .

Last edited:
Teams I like for now: Bills, Chiefs & Giants. GO BILLS! 🏈

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...w-as-cowboys-and-49ers-renew-playoff-rivalry/
2022bracket-jax-sf-dal-v1.jpg

If the home teams don’t give away the games, I don’t foresee any upsets.

However, beware the Niners rookie QB. The coaches need to make sure that he plays within himself the deeper they get into the playoffs. Poor young Huntley on the Ravens was having a remarkable game until that mistake of biblical proportions.

How about the guy who, when the score was 27-0, put $1.4 million on the LAC to win for a potential $11,200 payoff? Draft Kings verified it but they haven’t released his name.
I will take a guess,,, first name: Dumass,,, last name: Idiot
If he wanted to burn money and get some excitement, he could have put a grand on the Jags.

Beware the games between division rivals. I'm looking at you NFC East. It wouldn't surprise me if the GI-ants upset the Eagles.

Bills-Fins = division rivals. close game, near upset, mostly due to the Bills trying to give the game away. The Fins were even in the lead for a while. Lets hope the Bills got rid of their turnover tendencies with that game.

Ravens-Bengals = Division Rivals, close game, an even nearer upset, with a weird defensive play needed to settle it. Imagine if that Cincy fumble return were a Ravens TD instead?

Beware the games between division rivals. I'm looking at you NFC East. It wouldn't surprise me if the GI-ants upset the Eagles.
You are so right about games between division rivals. While the outcome seems dependent on Jalen Hurts‘ health, I still think that the Eagles have the horses to take the Giants unless they turn the ball over. It might be an interesting battle of running QB’s…like a college game. :p

The Vikings were a good team but more of the 10-7 or 9-8 variety that had gotten way more than their share of breaks. So it was not surprising that the Giants beat them. I’m pulling for the Giants as “next up” after the Jets got eliminated.

I was thinking of team nicknames teams have had when they have gone through long losing periods? The Saints were known as the A'ints for a while when the fans started wearing bags on their heads. The Jets were the Jests with the same bag wearing. The Bengals were the Bungles, Rams were the Lambs. I'm sure I'm missing a lot....

You are so right about games between division rivals. While the outcome seems dependent on Jalen Hurts‘ health, I still think that the Eagles have the horses to take the Giants unless they turn the ball over. It might be an interesting battle of running QB’s…like a college game. :p

The Vikings were a good team but more of the 10-7 or 9-8 variety that had gotten way more than their share of breaks. So it was not surprising that the Giants beat them. I’m pulling for the Giants as “next up” after the Jets got eliminated.
Tony Romo mentioned that about divisional teams meeting in the playoffs. That it helps the underdog somewhat. I hadn't thought about that much before but I think he's right.
As a fan of a certain team, I didn't like going up against a rival for a 3rd time. Especially, if we had just played them the week before or very recently😒.
But when not a fan, I do like the matchups ( like the Cinny/ Baltimore & Buffalo/Miami games)

I agree with you about Vikings. They won many very close games in the regular season & caught some teams at just the right time. GB sort of exposed them in that 2nd to last game when they blew them out. ( though dumb me, I thought they'd win. They were the only game of the six I got wrong)
In the end, Minnesota will always break their fans hearts😥.... It didn't my heart, I loved it😁

Last edited:
I was thinking of team nicknames teams have had when they have gone through long losing periods? The Saints were known as the A'ints for a while when the fans started wearing bags on their heads. The Jets were the Jests with the same bag wearing. The Bengals were the Bungles, Rams were the Lambs. I'm sure I'm missing a lot....
In the late 70's when the Colts were still in Baltimore, fans were wearing bags on their head with the word "Dolts" written on them.

What about the pre-Brady “Succaneers”?

Back