The Official QQ NFL Tailgate Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
absolutely !! and we said that for 57 years straight.
so now it is my time to pontificate
It's not a Pontiac, it's a Camaro.
1716600482543.jpeg
1716600526626.jpeg

There are a lot of analysts out there that are predicting the Jets to challenge the Bills in a major way this year. All depending on Rodgers health, obviously.
In an increasingly competitive division, can the Bills hold off the Dolphins and Jets in the race for the AFC East title? PFN simulators make the call.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...er-can-bills-hold-off-dolphins-jets-nfl-2024/
the Dolphins I can see competing for crown with Bills. The Jets ???? NO WAY !! Afterall, its the Jets

The Jets have a great defense and have shored up the offensive line. They have also improved the receiving corps. Rodgers: As I've said before, at his age, he needs to learn to duck-and-cover like Brady did. Trying to run around all the time as he has done during his career increases the odds for injury at his age...That's how he tore his Achilles.

If Rodgers is still standing at the end of the season, I believe that the Jets can challenge for the AFC East. Their schedule is very difficult, but so is the Bills'. The Fins schedule doesn't seem quite as tough, but Tua's health is always a major concern.

The Jets have a great defense and have shored up the offensive line. They have also improved the receiving corps. Rodgers: As I've said before, at his age, he needs to learn to duck-and-cover like Brady did. Trying to run around all the time as he has done during his career increases the odds for injury at his age...That's how he tore his Achilles.

If Rodgers is still standing at the end of the season, I believe that the Jets can challenge for the AFC East. Their schedule is very difficult, but so is the Bills'. The Fins schedule doesn't seem quite as tough, but Tua's health is always a major concern.
Everybody just assumes that Rodgers will just pick up where he left off, but he hasn't played any meaningful minutes for how long, at his age things change with inactivity....they did make some moves to help the O-line with the draft...but adding Tyron Smith was a budget move...he is 33 years old and only played in 30 games over the last 4 years...when he is healthy...he is a Hall Of Fame candidate...they have attempted to find someone to help Wilson at WR....Malachi Corley could be the answer...and the addition of Mike Williams might supply some help...but he will be 30 in October and isn't cleared to play yet due to a bad knee...

Because of the Rodgers deal....the Jets GM didn't have much of a budget to work with and probably did as much as he could to help the offense...

Well said AR, I agree with you on your assessment of the AFC east & Rodgers. You haven't been drinking the green koolaid.

[Everybody just assumes that Rodgers will just pick up where he left off, but he hasn't played any meaningful minutes for how long, at his age things change with inactivity....they did make some moves to help the O-line with the draft...but adding Tyron Smith was a budget move...he is 33 years old and only played in 30 games over the last 4 years...when he is healthy...he is a Hall Of Fame candidate...they have attempted to find someone to help Wilson at WR....Malachi Corley could be the answer...and the addition of Mike Williams might supply some help...but he will be 30 in October and isn't cleared to play yet due to a bad knee...

Because of the Rodgers deal....the Jets GM didn't have much of a budget to work with and probably did as much as he could to help the offense...]

Clint Eastwood, excellent points! Rodgers may not have it anymore! QBs can loose it fast. He always wanted to be like Brady, playing into his 40's @ a high level.
I think Rodgers is injury prone now & probably won't make it through a whole season.
He did take a play cut to help the Jets with payroll. He never did that at GB.
Last year GB had something like $20M in dead cap money still owed to him.
Though this year he's off the books.

Last edited:
Steve Tasker is a local talking head here in Buffalo and an ex-player from the 90s. He's a homeboy of course, but his prediction is that by week 6 (the first time the Jets play the Bills). The Jets will have the #1 defence in the league.
Tasker was an amazing special teams player.....considering he was only 5'9 and 185 pounds...he was not only fearless but intelligent...he was nominated for the Hall of Fame 8 times

Tasker was an amazing special teams player.....considering he was only 5'9 and 185 pounds...he was not only fearless but intelligent...he was nominated for the Hall of Fame 8 times
I'm happy you know who he is. Some day the HOF is gonna see fit to allow a special teams guy in. I got to meet him once too. He's a great guy, and like you said, very intelligent.

Well I guess I should thank everyone here because you all have already figured out the entire 2024 season.
No need for me to watch it now.
What a time saver for the rest of us. LOL

How could it go any differently?.... :rolleyes:
I mentioned this a month or so ago. No need to invest time guys. Lions will be Champions

Well I guess I should thank everyone here because you all have already figured out the entire 2024 season.

But wait....for some this is the best time of the year...the draft is over and now every team has a chance to win a championship.... at least the fans feel that way..

I'm happy you know who he is. Some day the HOF is gonna see fit to allow a special teams guy in. I got to meet him once too. He's a great guy, and like you said, very intelligent.
There are already special teams players in the Hall....2 Kickers...Jan Stenerud and Morten Anderson...and PUNTER Ray Guy

When he played...being a gunner was a rough assignment....rules where different....less protection for players..

Steve Tasker is a local talking head here in Buffalo and an ex-player from the 90s. He's a homeboy of course, but his prediction is that by week 6 (the first time the Jets play the Bills). The Jets will have the #1 defence in the league.

Baring injury to key players. That's always the wild card in this most violent of the four major team sports, isn't it?

Ravens shock NFL! The secret language of birds leads to Super Bowl. I mean, what else?

f921a031286625.564a1ffaad7f5.gif

Back