The QQ pet & critters thread...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proving that cat's & dogs can get along:

PXL_20211220_034606478.MP.jpg

Cats and dogs are NOT natural enemies, contrary to the myriad of cartoons produced over the years. Dogs just get a little too rambunctious, sometimes, and cats have to bring them back into line.

Doug

After the Bestest Dog In The Whole Wide World passed a few years ago, one of the Vet techs recommended this Chiuahua she rescued with all sorts of ailments and nursed him back to health. The other is a Chiweenie we bought from an individual. I wasn't real crazy about either of them at first, but eventually they stole my heart. They sleep most of the day on my bed until it gets close to time for my wife to get home from work to give them a few snacks. "Big Dog" sits in the window keeping lookout and Luci circles on the floor when Julien gets excited. Julien always seeks me out to let my know my wife is home.

The next few hours are generally spent ripping around the house wide open. When the bigger Chiuahua, Julien, gets too aggressive, Luci will bite him on the back of the legs. They are a blast to watch. It took Luci a long time to warm up to me as I can be quite expressive and loud when I'm working on something and encounter problems, not because I'm pissed but that's just what I do, I guess. Never bothered my old buddy, but she's gone, and these two made me adapt a bit to their sensitivities.

Julien picked up a habit of moving in a tight circle to indicate he either wants something you're eating or just a need to go out. Luci adopted the same technique of communication.

1640104053535.jpeg

I probably posted this before of Cassie, "The Bestest Dog In The Whole Wide World" and one hell of a frisbee catcher, at least the more appropriate sized ones. This is her either taking a break or showing her displeasure at me stopping the frisbee throwing and calling her to come in the house. She had a great temperament and was absolutely devoted to me.When she was really small and already a master at the frisbee catching, she would pick it up by the lowest point of the rim so she could carry it without stumbling about. I still miss her greatly.

1640105541161.jpeg

Cats and dogs are NOT natural enemies, contrary to the myriad of cartoons produced over the years. Dogs just get a little too rambunctious, sometimes, and cats have to bring them back into line.

Doug
You mean that...

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes.
The dead rising from the grave!
Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

... was just a made up fallacy????

For birdie lovers out there, din din time outside my front door. Crimson rosellas, eastern rosellas, galahs, magpies, and I think that's a female King Parrot under the birdbath (hard to tell, but there are king parrots around here, as well as other species).
View attachment 68368

Ah yes.. Australia "The Land of Parrots". Great series that was on cable TV back in the '80s.

There were 7 of these videos altogether.

landparrot4.jpg

Ever see any Eclectus parrots flying wild?

The pair I had from mid-80s until the female (red) Missybird passed in 2006 followed by the male (green) Sambo passed in 2016, 20 and 30 years old respectively. They typically live 20 to 30 years.
missy-samret.jpg

Last edited:
I feel your pain Rhino. It took us 6 months of grieving and searching to find our next best dog. In the end there is only one way to fill that hole in your heart, stuff a new pup in it.
Don’t get me wrong I still grieve the loss of Arlo quiet often and the only thing that makes it better is being with the new puppy Bodhi.
Hang in there I hope eventually you will find room in your heart for a new canine companion.

Back