The SDE Surround Sound Series (Updated list of titles with links in post #1)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somehow it seems like the discussions are spilling over into threads that don't really fit all that well, so I'm posting something here that followed on from some postings in the Hurting thread:

I've been thinking about this buying multiple copies thing. I can understand why Paul would not want people cashing in on his releases. However, if somebody orders several at once for a group of friends e.g. in Germany, it would then split the DHL fee and perhaps keep the shipping costs down a bit too... Paying 50€ for one disc (with shipping, double VAT and DHL fee) still strikes me as outrageous. That's more than a lot of box sets with multiple discs cost. No matter how interested I may have been in xPropaganda, Dylan or TYA, I really have to limit myself to the very few I feel I really need. Otherwise I would've already spent 600€ for all the discs so far. Just not feasible.

Either way, I don't think there's an issue when it comes to reissuing those albums except for Curt not being part of any promotion. Raoul already got an expanded version in 2009, and Elemental was slated for a 2CD deluxe years ago, which was only put on halt because the other projects took precedence.
Or maybe he'd take part. He certainly has no problem performing "Break It Down Again" in concert. And he may entitled to royalties depending upon what the business relationship they both have to the Tears For Fears name/corporation entails. Sometimes that stuff can be weird and complicated.

The Hurting is on its way, I just paid the second time VAT and handling fee. Just a few more days. Tubular Bells still not moving though.

1686242425092.png

Mine is currently still showing as sitting in Stevenage waiting for the next flock of carrier pigeons. My guess is that the pigeons find it a challenge to navigate through smoke filled skies.

Tubular Bells was shipped on a Friday and arrived the following Tuesday. This one will most certainly take longer.

I still have yet to remove the shrink warps from my first edition The Tipping Point disk. I am not much of a TFF follower, not sure why I even bought these disks.

Has anybody here ever had to return disc to SDE. I somehow managed to pre order 2 copies of Alan Parsons TTOAFC. I've sent an email to their returns address but nobody seems to want to answer. Just very irritating

Has anybody here ever had to return disc to SDE. I somehow managed to pre order 2 copies of Alan Parsons TTOAFC. I've sent an email to their returns address but nobody seems to want to answer. Just very irritating
They’re a small operation who I think theyre in the middle of sending out 5,000 Tubular Bells and 7,000 Tears for Fears

My copy is out for delivery sometime this afternoon. It previously spent a little over 36 hours at the sorting station in Flushing, New York(Tubular Bells had spent closer to three days there - I guess their sorting hats were more efficient this time around given that Hogwarts is “out for summer!”).

Who knows, I just might get mine even before GOS has his copy arrive LOL.

Last edited:
With regard to deliveries from the UK to the EU, surely there's got to be a way around this!

Perhaps the EU bound discs could be shipped to and re-distributed from a more tax friendly EU country first.

Also, if the discs are manufactured and packaged somewhere within the EU. Do 'all' the discs have to come to the UK first?

Last edited:
Somehow it seems like the discussions are spilling over into threads that don't really fit all that well, so I'm posting something here that followed on from some postings in the Hurting thread:

I've been thinking about this buying multiple copies thing. I can understand why Paul would not want people cashing in on his releases. However, if somebody orders several at once for a group of friends e.g. in Germany, it would then split the DHL fee and perhaps keep the shipping costs down a bit too... Paying 50€ for one disc (with shipping, double VAT and DHL fee) still strikes me as outrageous. That's more than a lot of box sets with multiple discs cost. No matter how interested I may have been in xPropaganda, Dylan or TYA, I really have to limit myself to the very few I feel I really need. Otherwise I would've already spent 600€ for all the discs so far. Just not feasible.
Same problem here. You don't live in or nearby Kassel by chance?

All these VAT comments make me remember (and maybe miss) those times when I used to buy a vinyl or two, once every several months.

They were truly a treasure to me, and I enjoyed a lot listening and listening to each one many times.

And I was HAPPY!

Now we have access to so much amount of music that we want to buy many Blu-rays to listen to some of them only once… Because there is so much music pending to listen…

And we are STRESSED!

This is just a comment to meditate and compensate the mood

Back